Mon, Sep 16, 10:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Help a beginner please

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 11:04 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:33 AM

Hi all. I am sitting here waiting for my copy of poser 4 to arrive and want to pick your collective brains. I have been looking at the DAZ website and I am still a bit confused. If I wanted to say, create a scene with a barbarian character how would I go about doing this? A bit vague I know, but let me explain. I have seen a character called 'The Freak' which would be the ideal base character. However, is he a 'stand alone' character? Or would I have to buy the 'Michael' character first? Then of course there is hair, clothing, props etc but thats another show!LOL Any help would be great, as I don't want to start buying stuff only to realise that it is useless to me. Thanks in advance. Anthony

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 11:15 PM

Start working with the software before you start throwing more money around. You'll make better purchases on the basis of a little experience. Poser4 comes pre-loaded with several basic figures, including two generally called "Posette" and "Dork." There is still clothing and hair and props for these old figures, including a fair amount of free material. It will take a little careful looking, however; most of the clothing pushed around now is for Victoria3 (a 3rd-party, and expensive, figure from DAZ). The Freak was a free character from DAZ. I don't know where he can be found now. You might want to look into The Behemoth as well, whom I believe is also free. But anyhow...there's plenty enough in Poser4 to get you started, and to get you through the learning portion.

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 11:18 PM

Thank's for the advice really appreciate you taking the time to help. Anthony

gps ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 1:40 AM

Having just had a peek at your gallery and seeing what you managed to do with Poser 3, I don't think it'll take you long to get through the 'learning portion' of Poser 4! If I remember correctly, the Michael/Freak connection goes back to the launch of Michael 3, when the Freak was included free as part of the deal, although I think you also had to be a Platinum Club member... Anyway, these days he's a stand-alone figure. And, as you guessed, he stands alone bald and naked ;) BTW, with Poser 4 you can finally bid farewell to plastic helmet hair. Pay a visit to http://digitalbabes2.com/ and check out Kozaburo's wonderful free hair props. He pioneered the concept of transmapped hair, and he's still probably the best exponent of the technique. Cheers - Graham

Replicant ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 4:51 AM

Freak may have been a freebie at some time but not these days. And not exactly standalone either. He needs the Michael 3 head morphs and body morphs to be in any way functional.

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.