Sun, Sep 22, 4:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: odd perspective effetc, need help!

Smallworld ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 3:34 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:48 AM

file_108503.jpg

Hi guys, i have been working on this lighthouse scene for a few nights and I'm generally very pleased with the feel and the mood. However, I just noticed that the lighthouse looks like its leaning at a funny angle. I assume this is a camera/perspective effect. I was wondering if there is any way to fix this? If I tilt the 'house to compensate it wont work from other angles. Is it too noticable or will I get away with it? Any other tips or comments welcome!

Brian

Fortitudine Vincimus - "by endurance we conquer."

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 3:51 PM

I didn't see what was wrong with your image until you talked about the angle of the lighthouse. I don't thin it is a big problem as it is.

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 4:18 PM

The tilt in the lighthouse is probably caused by the focus setting on the camera, if you really wanted it to not tilt (which would be contrary to how it would look if you were taking a picture with a real camera) you could move the camera farther away from the boat and the lighthouse and increase the focus setting (zoom in on the objects), which would eliminate the tilt. You will have to adjust your atmosphere settings such as the fog and haze effects as they will be much more pronounced. Personally I would leave it as is, but that's just my opinion.

Smallworld ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 4:54 AM

Thanks guys! agiel, i hadn't noticed until I printed it and had visions of lots of comments about the leaning tower. nanotyr, I tried the settings suggested and it sorted it out, but I didn't like the overall composition as much. It would take a while to fix now, so I will keep it in mind for the next pic. I did a re-render and will post in the gallery and see what people think.

Brian

Fortitudine Vincimus - "by endurance we conquer."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.