Sun, Oct 6, 2:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: May Challenge WIP

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 4:57 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:31 PM

file_108510.jpg

Great idea for a challenge. I hope it doesn't get changed, cause I've already spent about 4 hours on it.

This is the first wip straight out of Bryce (DOF on, but no post yet). A cyber-mossie (or skeeter as my fiancee tells me "mossie is too cute", whatever). Modelled just from primitives.

Looking forward to this months challenge, since I missed the last one.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 5:18 PM

file_108511.jpg

awesome work, drawbridgep. i had something similar in mind htat i started today :)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 5:20 PM

Great minds think alike. I still lack the patience (read skill) to do anything in wings other than a box.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

jedswindells ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 7:01 PM

One exellent skeeter/mossie/gnat or whatever.Nice succulent flesh as well.Ouch!

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 8:26 PM

Come on - that's not a wasted effort even if the challenge would be changed... That a poser arm?

ibassplayer205 ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 11:01 PM

That is an amazing looking insect, I must say; just a thought, if you could remove the digital arm and put in a photo of a real arm I think it would make the insect look more 'real'. Just my 2 cents. Seth

foleypro ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 11:17 PM

Excellent modeling....

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 12:45 AM

At ddruckenmiller. Poser! Wash your mouth out! ;-) Nah, it's just a cylinder with a skin texture. It's gonna change because I want to show the kind of deep ridges you see in macro shots of skin At ibassplayer205, it's a thought, but then becomes less Bryce and more mixed media which for challenges I think is a little bit bad taste. I'm even a bit worried about having a photograph texture background. Might do two version though, one for the gallery and one for the challenge.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Mrdodobird ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 1:18 AM

Hehe. Glad now I didn't do a robotic bug, cause there's no way it could compare to that. That's amazing!!! Hmm...I think I'll think a bit bigger size wise...MWHAHA!!!

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 3:11 AM

Now that is a very nasty looking little bugger! Excellent job drawbridgep!

Innovator ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 6:55 AM

looking great. My main critique is the arm...since its so close, it has to have alot of detail. Either use a photo texture for it or paint one in an image editor. and maybe even get down to the nitty gritty by modelling individual hairs. This will bring out the composition and make this image excellent!! great start! Bug looks great

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.