Fri, Sep 20, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Gross But Oh So Cool..... Warning.... Dead Stuff...... May Challenge Entry

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 10:45 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_108541.jpg

MGD asked about the my mole.... he's still good and juicy having sat outside in a coffe can over the winter. No flys have laid claim to him yet, which is disappointing... My stone patio steps seem to be the favorite place for rodents to drop dead.... found this littl field mouse there 2 days ago.... I left him there eagerly awaiting his little bones.... but alas, he has disappeared! I suspect the neighbors cat made off with him, or some other little carnivourous creature. Ick, I hope it wasn't my dog who swallowed him up....! In any case I took a few pics when I found him, and I must tell you that maggots make me want to barf.... but I held up well, as I found it fascinating. While we're at it, I'll post this as a May Challenge entry... No postwork other than resize... taken with the old D7 digicam. Now it's my bedtime.... nighty night.....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

MGD ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 11:10 PM

I left him there eagerly awaiting his little bones.... > but alas, he has disappeared! That's too bad ... otherwise you could have "borrowed" a few maggots to get the mole stripping started. MGD

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 10:34 AM

lol... made me think of a new topic to add for next month's challenge... DEAD STUFF! ewwwwwww... be interesting don't you think in a morbid kind of way? still got plenty of roadkill here :] juicy shot 'chelle ;d

Nilla ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 11:49 AM

Kind of feel sorry for the mouse. Hope your dog didn't eat it. Now your morbid curiosity reminds me of some photos I saw while I was at the print shop the other day... I was standing there at the counter for a while watching this woman preview images before she printed them, and I finally asked her what they were, she said that they print images for a school... "what school is this?" I asked looking at the images of a dead pig. "The school of forensic photography" she replied in a matter of fact tone. Just giving you some food for thought Michelle. I know that when these people graduate they don't take pictures of dead pigs though, it's more like accident scenes, suicides etc... OK the hair is standing up on the back of my neck. So there is a niche for this kind of thing. I always thought I was kind of odd, because that school appeals to me.

logiloglu ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 6:01 PM

an expressive image. excellent entry Michelle.

bleachfix ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 9:47 PM

yea...I can gross you out more! At the University of Tennessee there was a professor who operated "The Body Farm" for forensic study. People from all over the world "study" the remains of the dead...Good Night Chelle...and it's still in operation...[];^0

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 5:33 AM

I've heard of it.... seen it on TV and read about it in magazines.... Gross? Of course, but I thinks it's fascinating.... PS.... I'm being cremated when I die.....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 9:34 AM

me too, 'chelle! me too! :D throw me on a funeral pyre & light a fire... roast marshmellows if you want... you know what i thought would be romantic?... if your loved one saved the ashes, then they could be cremated when they died, mix the 2 together & have your ashes thrown out someplace that was special to you both... sigh :]

bleachfix ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 10:12 PM

awhhh cynlee...that's kinda sappy in a romantic kinda way! I haven't thought of that one yet...but did ya hear abt the crematorium in Alabama where they found bones out back behind the building...the owner buried the bodies to save the money on cremation..made all the headlines!!

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 10:28 PM

yes, i heard about that... don't know why it has to be illegal to hold a funeral pyre on your own land... it's ridiculous what they charge just to be cremated! but i like my ideal... better then digging 'em back up & being thrown in with the other :p although that could save on casket fees... or even worse... the way Eygyptian royalty did it & be entombed aliiiiiiiiive with them...... muuuuuuuhahahahahaha :] (see what you started 'chelle... lol)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.