Tue, Oct 22, 6:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Members in Amarillo & Staff!!!!!

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 10:01 PM

"I'm not that familiar with how money orders work. The few I've gotten, I always deposited in my checking account. Can he cash them at the P.O. or something, if he doesn't have a bank account?" ...around here you can cash money orders at banks, convenience stores (up to a certain amount) and supermarkets. All you need is proof of identity. S.

Brendan ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 10:05 PM

..."I am not a number!"..."I am a man!!!!!"

Brendan ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 10:07 PM

...well!...you know what I mean......don't you?....

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 12:43 AM

Ummm....lets see.... John Merrick... "I am not...an animal....I .....am...a...human being......" sort of, Brendan...I guess.... Scarab

Melansian_Mentat ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 3:32 AM

I am an alien... And my mother is a fish. :)

Brendan ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 4:53 AM

file_108895.jpg

Where am I? In the Village What do you want? Information Whose side are you on? That would be telling . . . We want Information You won't get it By hook or by crook . . . We will Who are you? The new Number Two Who is Number One? You are Number Six I am not a number . . . I'm a free man! (Mocking laughter)

Brendan ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 4:54 AM

...remember now?..

Brendan ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 5:17 AM
Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 8:52 AM

We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom, Teacher, leave those kids alone. Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone! [another piece of late 20th cantury British poetry] Come to think of it we'd better be careful or this will get moved to the writers' forum. [grin]

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Brendan ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 3:52 AM

Not sure how long he will be here? but a card or message would be secure by this rout for the moment. Ron Leming Room # A503 Northwest TX Hospital 1501 S. Coulter Amarillo TX 79106 Hospital phone 806-354-1233

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 4:58 AM

If anyone gets in touch with him (it's difficult getting through him from France), could you send him our best wishes ? Could someone post a message here when he is getting out of the hospital ? I think he'll need most help at this time. Thanks in advance.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 11:50 AM

I spoke with him on the phone yesterday and he said he thinks they might be letting him go on Monday. He told me he was feeling a lot better in general since they started the antibiotics for the infection and got rid of the abcess that started the whole thing. His biggest concern was getting some help with cleaning his house, especially the kitchen. He misses the computer. :) Overall he sounded fairly cheerful and not at all depressed, which is a good sign. He's hoping that perhaps this stint in the hospital will help him with the problems he's had getting medical assistance. Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one. I told him we were all concerned about him and he said we're all just so cool or something to that effect. ;-) Kate

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 12:22 PM

Thanks, Kate!

Brendan ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 12:45 PM

I second that! Have a cyber snogg from me!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 10:23 AM

I heard via e-mail from a friend of his. She says he will find out tomorrow (Monday) if he'll be released, or if he'll have to stay in the hospital for awhile.

They are also worried about his apartment. They really need to get it cleaned. It's not just a matter of tidiness. They are worried that it's full of staph germs, after his long illness. They might have to get it steam-cleaned. Donations to pay for this would be very welcome.

As for how to donate...we're still working on that. His friend Suz is going to try to set up a savings account for him. Maybe he'll be able to accept PayPal then. In the meantime, money orders made out to him would be best. But we should wait to mail them until we know for sure that he's home and is taking care of the mail, or can get a friend to do it.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 10:04 PM

I got an e-mail message from Ron's friend Susan. She says she has set up a bank account and PayPal account for Ron, and that PayPal donations can be sent here: rlemingbone@yahoo.com If anyone talks to Bone, maybe they could ask him if this is okay, or if he'd prefer money orders or something.

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 10:30 AM

OK, I'll wait for the answer before sending in something.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 6:50 AM

Ron is out of the hospital. He says he can only cash money orders, not checks. His friend has set up a PayPal account for him, but he's not sure how PayPal works (and I suspect isn't up to learning, right now). She told me she's ordered an ATM card for him that will let him draw out the cash from the PayPal account. So if you're in the U.S., a money order might be best. Overseas, PayPal is probably more convenient.

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:44 AM

Thanks for letting us know. I'll try PayPal.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.