Tue, Oct 22, 10:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: sure it has been asked before, but..

saviornt ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 7:54 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:35 AM

does anyone know what resource i would use to, or how i would go about, creating the .rsr / .hd2 / pz stuff? basically, i'm trying to make a cross of Seras / Arucard model from scratch :( Programs I have: 3DS Max 6 Poser 4 Bryce 5 Milkshake 3D UV Mapper PSP 8 none of these do the trick :(

The Path of the Samurai only ends in death; such is the way of the warrior.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 8:29 PM

Poser library files such as pz2 (pose), hd2 (hand pose), fc2 (face pose), cr2 (character), pp2 (prop), cm2 (camera), and lt2 (light), are script flies written in plain text, Poser creates them automaticly when you save a file from within the Poser interface, but you can create them in a text editor if you want. rsr files (resource fork) are binary files, they are used to contain the thumbnails for the pallets, and in Poser 4, to store a compressed version of the Wavefront Object files (*.obj). Normally you would let Poser create these.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 8:29 PM

I would have thought that Max would be up to the task. Do you have a picture of it?

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

saviornt ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 8:55 PM

still learning Max.. just figured out how to draw / render a circle, LOL.. basically, I'm taking this image (Seras): http://www.advfilms.co.uk/hellsing/operatives/seras.php and wanting to combine with the gloves / hat / glasses / overcoat from this guy: http://www.advfilms.co.uk/hellsing/operatives I think i was confusing myself from the model downloads for poser, since they most always come with the diff types of files though.

The Path of the Samurai only ends in death; such is the way of the warrior.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:14 PM

OK I'm with you. If creating a circle is lesson #1 then creating the figures and costumes you refer to is about lesson #999. Lofty goals are good providing you have the determination to keep striving for them. Best to start small and build up. Work through the tutorials that come with MAX. Search the web for Max tutorials, there are loads out there, a Google search will bring up a boat load. Start with the simple ones and practice, practice, practice. You can do it providing that you stick at it and, did I mention work through the tutorials. There is no short cut. Good luck :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.