Mon, Sep 16, 11:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 3:20 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: S.F.C.S. Equipment Package, flight controls, consoles, a ton of stuff!

davo ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:21 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

file_109602.jpg

Hi Everybody,

Just got the finishing touches put on my S.F.C.S. Equipment package. This is a complete set of consoles, computers, flight sticks, chair and more to flesh out your computer rooms, starship bridges and sci-fi renders. This is a perfect companion to all my other products, it's textured to match everything I've made so it'll fit in perfectly.

Comments welcome and encouraged as usual,
Davo

davo ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:22 PM

file_109603.jpg

more

davo ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:22 PM

file_109604.jpg

more

davo ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:23 PM

file_109605.jpg

more

davo ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:23 PM

file_109606.jpg

more

davo ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:24 PM

file_109607.jpg

last

davo ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:25 PM

I'll have an alternative "white" texture set availabe for this package as well, so you can have a nice, clean, sterile look and feel to them. Davo

guarie ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 1:29 AM

Very awesome Davo - looking forward to adding this to my SFCS collection - the setting was such a great set and I'm sure this will be just as good. :)

William ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 4:04 AM

An excellent body of work. They look like great props.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 5:07 AM

I was going to ask about arm-rests for the chairs, but I see how I mightd adapt the various pylons to serve that purpose. Though I bought one of your "ultimate" CD collections (several "sets" ago), I never got around to purchasing your Science Fiction Construction Set (snazzy as it is). When these elements become available, I'll probably buy both at once. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 6:01 AM

Will there be any preconfgured poses/sets that are "one-click" away (for us lazy people)? (smile)

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 6:06 AM

Terrific work as usual.

WadeTripp ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 10:04 AM

One idea is to have a second layer for the computer screens using a different Texture map. This is something that a person can easily draw on and create various status and information screen displays. Any idea about where and when it will come out?

davo ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 10:34 AM

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words!! chuck: I can probably put a few pre-configured sets together and offer that as a freebie on my website, the models are all exterior geometry, so people would have to own the set for it to work. Wade: The screens do have their own templates and I have a partner making an alternate "grunge" texture set and screens that have readouts and images on them, hopefully it will be finished by the time this hits the shelves. I just turned this into Daz for them to review, so it'll probably take about a week or so to get released. Davo

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 5:42 PM

Wow Davo, this is an awesome pack! Very detailed.

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 5:48 PM

Oh, yes yes yes! You finally got it finished! I saw some early previews, and I've been going nuts waiting for the finals! Yeeees!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 7:44 PM

"chuck: I can probably put a few pre-configured sets together and offer that as a freebie on my website, the models are all exterior geometry, so people would have to own the set for it to work." That's nice to hear. I have a few "construction" sets and (for me) it's tedius to line up and arrange things to build a good scene. Don't get me wrong, versatility is great but if there were a few preconfigured setups, then a person would be "half there" and then could swap a few things out they wanted to personalize...a chair or a screen...etc. I think it would help sales (well, and make me happier...LOL). BUT, I'll buy it anyway.

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 9:48 PM

i just saw the other set at DAZ..it looks mighty nice... Please..somebody grant me about a million dollars to just blow on Poser stuff...I'd even take a few hundred :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 12:32 AM

"i just saw the other set at DAZ..it looks mighty nice..." It is! Run and buy it today! I purchased it at $45 and I thought it was a steal then, at $17.95 they're practically giving it away! Highly recommended. -- Walt Sterdan, Freelance

davo ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 12:26 PM

Hi Guys, Thanks again for the kind words :-) Some of you have noted that my SFCS package is now at daz3d, it is the same package that was available on my website but with the following changes: -All the texture themes have been removed except for the metal version. -All bump mapping has been removed. -Metal textures have been resampled to a smaller size I will be offering the other texture themes on my website as separate packages and with mat pose files. For those of you who already own the SFCS, I have broken down the mat pose files into their own folders (stone, concrete, metal, rust and white) so that the folder isn't as large as it was and there is less scrolling. Just let me know and I'll give you a url for the new mats. The SFCS Equipment package is a perfect companion to the SFCS construction kit and the textures all match. And... drumroll please..... the space shuttle "is" finished, interior and exterior...

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 4:12 PM

so how much aRE the rest of the textures and when will they be available?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

msorrels ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 7:41 PM

Is there any chance the texture expansions will show up at Daz as well? I really have no interest in buying it from yet another website. Right now I'm holding off on getting the package at Daz because what I really want are any textures other than metal. But if the only way to get that is to buy a bunch of separate pieces at two or more stores, I'm just going to skip it and go buy something else. I realize that brokering a product eats into your profits, but splitting a product up like that is just evil. If the texture expansions and this cool equipment package were at Daz today, I'd be buying them all today. But knowing half of the product is floating in limbo means I'm going to skip it. Help me buy your product by putting all the parts into a single store that I already shop at (here, Daz, PoserPros, RuntimeDNA, 3d Commune, etc. Basically any Poser marketplace that isn't your private web site). -Matt

-Matt

davo ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 7:42 PM

I just need to package the textures up, they will run about 5 dollars per set or 15 dollars for the 4 sets. I can have them ready to go in a day or so.

juliekitty ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 7:46 PM

Davo -- I second the request for some kind of pose sets for these things. I'm lazy, dude. I spend hours posing my guys and playing with lighting, but you give me a bunch of parts and tell me to put something together, and I'm just not gonna do it. I think it's the female vs. male thing. Men love putting stuff together. Women just don't. I've got I don't know how many SF bits and things, and I just can't be bothered. Takes too damn long. I shuffle them around, and I just can't see how to put them together. On the other hand, that corridor junction thing of yours, adn your arena, and your robots I use like a lunatic. I'm doing e-book covers, and I've used your corridors and stuff several times in the last few books.

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 3:23 PM

Yeah, preconfigured sets would be great - I also find it tiring to fiddle with bits and pieces for a long while - sometimes until the creative muse has gone home lol.... :] Fish

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:51 PM

This looks cool!

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 11:17 PM

I'm coming to this topic late, but I have to say how pleased I am with my purchase of the SFCS as well (from Davo's site, not DAZ) and am looking forward to the additions!

Do you have a render of that shuttle you mentioned? Will that be available at DAZ as well?

-AniMajikGraphics

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 12:09 AM

"Do you have a render of that shuttle you mentioned? " An early showing is here: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1395766 "Will that be available at DAZ as well?" I hope so; I love their Mac installers, they usually save me a lot of hassles. -- Walt Sterdan, Freelance

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 3:35 PM

Where is this set featured here available?

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 7:48 PM

I can't wait for DAZ to approve this! Grrrr!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.