Sat, Sep 21, 5:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Reducing Figure Size

Gromit ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 12:39 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 11:45 PM

I read a post some time ago that described a way to reduce the size of V3/M3 type figures - ones that use injection morphs - using Mat Pose Creator if I remember correctly. This was supposed to be a way to eliminate the unused injection morphs. Does anyone know the procedure used to do that? Gromit

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 7:28 AM

Hmm sounds like The Daz utility Injection PoseBuilder. With that you can strip unused morphs off a character. Actually what you do is make your character, then make injections from that character so that you can inject them to the character next time you want to use it, making the character smaller than one with all morphs injected.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Gromit ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 7:41 AM

Maybe that's what it was. I'll have to go back to the DAZ site and read up on it. Gromit

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 12:20 AM

You should be able to delete all the targetGeom channels, or just selected targetGeom channels using MAT Pose Edit, but I would not recomend doing this on the original cr2's, as you will lose the ability to inject morphs. The deltas can be cleared from a character loaded in the Poser document by the application of a pz2, a pz2 to do this is offten called a "REM" pz2. I should have thought that files to do this would be included with the Victoria 3 distribution, I don't have Victoria 3 so I don't know for sure. The syntax to remove the deltas from a targetGeom channel is:

{
version
        {
        number 
        }

actor ActorName
        {
        channels
                {
                targetGeom MorphName
                        {

}
        }
}

I usually create these files in a text editor. If you like you can use a pose file saved from the Poser interface and using "Include morph channels...", then import it into Morph Manager 4 or MAT Pose edit and delete all the channels except the targetGeom (morph) channels, then zero the remaining cannels. This should give you a file which is a good basis for your REM pz2. Now in a text editor you can paste the bit highlighted in red into each channel. Perhaps there is a better way to do this, but thats how I would do it.

Gromit ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 12:33 AM

After reading a bit more about Injection PoseBuilder it looks to me like that's the way to accomplish what I want. I haven't tried it yet but there is an option there to delete morphs with zero values. So it ought to be possible to take a figure that has all morphs injected but only some of them used, create an injection pose, and then apply that to a basic V3, for example, to create the same character with only the minimum required injection morphs. That's what I'm after. Gromit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.