Sun, Sep 22, 1:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Good Poly Reduction tool?

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 12:38 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

I import poser models to Cinema 4d for animation. I am looking for a good poly red tool that keeps the mesh symmetrical, and not a triangulated mess. Any suggestions?? I have tried a few demos and shareware ones but no luck. Incidently, the reason I want the model to remain symmetrical, is because i edit a lot in ZBrush and the modesl need to be symmetrical. Thanks in advance.

Tunesy ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 4:52 PM

I need a poly red tool, too. Did a google on Visup, Visup and 3d, etc and can't seem to find anything related to 3d. Got a link by any chance?

Tunesy ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 4:53 PM

Oops. Vizup, not Visup. My bad :)

Lord_Lucan ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 10:08 PM

I thought ZBrush 2 had a new Symmetry Restoration function, does that help? Haven't used it yet myself, I've spent too much time playing with all the other new features, lol!

Quoll ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 3:04 PM

Cinema 4D has a pretty decent poly reduction function built right in, as do many of the better 3D apps such as Lightwave, etc. That being said, most people who reduce models "professionally" do it by hand. Building LOD (level of detail) versions of game models, for instance. While some software will do a pretty good job reducing fairly regularly shaped objects, you will inevitably need to go in and do some tweaking by hand to get the best results. Best of luck

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 5:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.mootools.com/

MooTools' Polygon Cruncher sounds like the sort of thing you want, and is reasonably priced - I have no experience of using it as yet, though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.