Tue, Oct 22, 1:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Bettie Page- Face Shots- and why the Poser Community Needs Her

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2000 at 4:42 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:32 AM

Attached Link: Bettie Page- Face Shots- and why the Poser Community Needs Her

file_135083.jpg

Here are some better face shots of Bettie Page. However it is impossible to find a "neutral" face shot. The Poser Community needs a really good Bettie Page because she is really the inspiration for many Poser fashions. But realize this- SHE CREATED MANY OF THEM in the 1950's! She designed most of her own sexy costumes- things everyone takes for granted today in Poser downloads- this lady was the ORIGINAL POSER GIRL! We all owe Bettie Page a debt of gratitude folks.

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2000 at 5:52 PM

And I for one would LOVE to go back in time and show her my gratitude! ;) Thanks for pointing this out... I whole-heartedly agree! Cheers, Mike

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2000 at 8:15 PM

Fox, I've seen all these shots, but thanks. The problem is that with all the photos being smiley and brow-raisey, it's impossible to gauge where everything should go in it's natural state. All you can really do is make educated guesses. When a person smiles, the facial features shift all across the board. When you morph someone, the only way to do it is to start from the neutral expression. I did try again today from scratch, and the results of that are in the gallery. Even still, it required some work in photoshop to get her that close. It won't be long until I'm totally frustrated trying to get her though. All the pics in the world are not going to help unless they are dead-on face shots without expression and it wouldn't hurt to have a profile shot the same way. Nothing short of that or an accidental miracle is going to help, sorry to say. -Darth_Logice

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2000 at 9:58 PM

I am bummed out, Darth.

praxis22 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:07 AM

It's interesting to note that Betty has become such an icon, (even more so than Marilyn Monroe) of female sexuality to those of us over 30, that she has chosen to "dissapear" from the public gaze these many past years. Last I heard she was a grandmother and still very much alive. She was the original "bad girl" and some of her pics while cheesy are classic 50's Americana, the very stuff of legend. She was the poor man's Marilyn, the woman you could (hopefully) "reach out and touch" There are still magazines published about her today, and her films and pictures are all collecters items, avidly traded/collected by fans. As a side note, the original comic of "the Rocketeer used Betty as the love interest, she was a model too. It was drawn by a bloke called Dave Stevens, who certianly knew how to capture a likeness :) It's kind of a shame that Jeniffer Conley got to play her in the movie, having read the comic... :) later jb

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:16 AM

I think I remember reading that she went through a major drug or alcohol problem at one point either during or after her successful years. Yes, she IS still alive, though. Mike

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:24 AM

hmmmmmm.........has anyone noticed the slight resemblance that Lucy Lawless has to the immortal goddess pictured above????? finding a straight faced shot of her should be easy......perhaps one could start there and work up to Bettie.......just a thought.......

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:35 AM

I always believed that the actress who played the wife in "Married With Children" (sorry, I can't remember her name)was a direct Bettie Page "vamp"- (she used the Bettie look as her character)If some pix of her could be found she would be another potential face model- however I still think enough good pix of Bettie Page exist for SOMEONE OUT THERE to make a good Bettie Page on the Vicky level(Pleeeeeeease!)

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:43 AM

(Historic Note: Went to Yahoo and found out- Peg Bundy was Al Bundy's wife's name. She was played by Katey Sagal.)

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 8:08 AM

I remember that AC Comics, publishers of Fem Force and a bunch of obscure titles, put out a few Bettie Page books a couple of years ago (I remember the ads in the comics). Maybe a comic shop would have one of these collections? Just a thought.

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 10:24 AM

Olivia DeBerardinis did some excellent Bettie Page pieces.......if i'm not mistaken, at least one or two might have a sort of straight-faced thing happening.........

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:52 PM

My friend Rev. Susie the Floozie alternates between stripping and freelance writing. Because of this she was commissioned to interview Bettie via phone a few years back. I think Susie would have liked it better if she hadn't been flaky and rambled on about urinary tract infections and surgeries like people her age are wont to do... In the end I think Susie had to scrap the interview and it wasn't published. The Lucy Lawless thing has been noticed repeatedly. Yes, the chick from Rocketeer was Bettie from the neck up and Dave Stevens' (now ex-) girlfriend neck down. First Comics' Ms. Tree also bore a resemblance, and many other 80s comic book artists dabbled in using her as a model. One of the background characters in Alex Ross' paintings for "Kingdom Come" (Ghost Girl) honors this tradition.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.