Tue, Sep 24, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: Morphs

IsauraS ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 10:47 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:21 PM

Is there a way to add several morphs to let's say the character's head and make the figure keep them? Every time I add more than one morph to the head it only keeps one morph and deletes the rest. I tried adding it to the characters but it does the same thing. Am I doing something I'm not supposed to be doing?

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 11:14 AM

heyas; make sure you type in a new and diffrent name for each morph. if you leave shape1 for them all, or use the same name of a previous morph, poser will remove all the 'repeat' morphs when you save.

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 11:18 AM

Never retain "shape 1" as the name of the morph. When a CR2 file is saved it is one morph to a name. Name it something that will allow you to remember what it is supposed to do. Is anyone else irritated by the effect when a space is typed in a morph name?

IsauraS ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 1:28 PM

I am typing a name for the morph. uhm, leaving a space messes it up?

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 5:40 PM

heyas; what effect when you type in a space? is... are you trying to add more than 99 morphs and do you have the patch? :) that's the only other thing i can think of.

IsauraS ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 5:44 PM

heh... I am adding about 5 or 6 to the head, I guess that's bad? I do have the patch. I didn't notice anything with the spaces, really. Should I try it without spaces?

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:00 PM

heyas; no, you should be able to add a buncha morphs to the head. especially if you have the patch. i never noticed anything about spaces either, but yeah, try it without spaces :) also... after you re-load your figure (you save 'em after you add the new morphs on, right? well, gotta ask)... try looking down at the bottom of the head dials controls. on a couple of occasions, i got some magnet/morph dials stuck down there, not at the top where they usually go.

IsauraS ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 7:35 PM

Ok, I tried only 2 morphs, no spaces, added the character to my list and tried using him on a new document, the second morph was gone. Opened the saved file, same thing. I have Poser 4.0.3.126, is that the latest version?

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2000 at 10:23 PM

The problem that I have with spaces is that Poser jumps back to the directory where the morph is and makes me click cancel to get back to the title line. It is the jump that is annoying. There is no longer a 99 limit on morphs with the latest patches. There is something else involved with your problem. If you add morphs - with individual titles and save the CR2 to the library, when you re-open it the morphs should all be there. Other than cut-n-paste, is there any way to add a new morph in the middle of the stack, instead of just at the top? I have a head morphs only CR2 of Vicki and I want to keep the parts (nose etc) all together.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2000 at 9:18 AM

heyas; isaurus, i dunno WHAT is wrong :/ might have to go to creative labs with this one. very odd. jaager: you can shuffle morphs in cr2edit(or). you just grab one, and drag it down to the line you want it under. it isn't very fast, and i don't think you can drag down past one screen full... but it does work. :) maybe when john gets the new version working, it'll be faster.

IsauraS ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2000 at 6:32 PM

Oh well, thanks anyway. I should probably re-install Poser and hopefully that will fix the problem. :) Thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.