Mon, Sep 9, 6:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Stephanie (original version) morphs?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 5:12 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:05 AM

Much as I like the model, I can't help but think she's lacking in the morph department. I still use the model from time to time and I'd llike more variety, so I'm on the lookout for more morphs for the old gal. I have the Steffy Stax/Stephanie Styles packs; what I'm looking for are more conventional morphs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

FlyByNight ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 9:25 PM · edited Mon, 24 May 2004 at 9:26 PM

Cin- has a lovely character at PoserPros called Michealyn The Enchantress. I love her face, the textures are excellent, and she comes with a great set of clothing and earrings. Dave71 has two fabulous characters for her as well. Talyon[RMP] and Willow[RDNA]. Hope this helps.

Message edited on: 05/24/2004 21:26

FlyByNight

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 4:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.morphworld30.com/

Morphworld (see attached link) has a lot of nice Stephanie morphs for download, but they can't be used in anything commercial. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Migal ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 4:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.migal3d.com/s_max/smgallery.htm

Warning: There is nudity at the above link.

About a year ago, I made err hundreds. It was a long term project I just kept doing new versions of, over and over. I did a new cr2 based on the Steph LE cr2, and did all the morphs as injections. I never released it, and since went on to subdivide her body and start the entire process over again as one of the things I play with in my spare time.

If it would be of interest to you, I could try to scrounge the early version stuff together and put it up on my site for download. Otherwise, Im not likely to ever release it.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 5:07 AM

Migal, I'd be interested even if nobody else is. I really like the Stephanie figure, and Stephanie Max looks wonderful. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Migal ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 5:52 AM

Hi, Bonni.

This may sound bizarre, but how important are clothes? As everybody knows, S1 has more than a couple bending problems in the joints. I solved some of it with JCM in the shoulders and knees. I did the JCM as injections, so the JCM could be removed or never injected if you didnt like what the JCM was doing, but also so old S1 clothing could be compatible. In other words, if she were wearing shorts or a short skirt, injecting the knee JCM was a good idea, because the bare knees would be showing. However, if she were wearing full length pants, the knee JCM would be a bad idea, because the knees wouldnt crumple with the old S1 pants, and the fixed knees would poke through. So, the JCM was optional, making old clothes still good with her.

The thing is, S1s worst joint problem is in the hips. At default load pose, the mesh is tearing where the front of her thigh meets her buttock actors, and it only gets worse with bending. I was able to solve some of this with about six months of difficult JCM work. Then I got a wild hair and tried something else. I simply gave her hips Joint Parameters very similar to V3s, and got better results than I had with JCM. However, the Joint Parameters arent injectable, so that version would never be compatible with old S1 clothes in the hip area, unless a Joint Pose was made for the clothes. Would you rather have the version with the better hips, or the version with maximum clothing compatibility?

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 8:14 AM

Well, actually, I do a lot of nudes and semi-nudes since I started posting more stuff at Renderotica, and I actually need to learn to paint clothes, anyway. ;) So, well, not all that much, and if it comes down to it, I can use the old JCMs if I really want to dress her. :) bonni

Migal ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 8:35 AM

Okay. I'll find the cr2 that matches the last version of the morphs. I'll see if I can find the textures, too. Then I'll post a link sometime this week, after I test to make sure everything still works like it's supposed to work.

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 8:53 AM

I'd love to have them also. You did an awesome job with them. Your rendered images of her are extraordianry.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 9:25 AM

I'm a Stephanie1 fan too and your work, Migal, looks great. Yes, I'd love it if it was available. Dave

spideyk21 ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 11:33 AM

Would also love to have the max version. Have liked Steph 1 from the start. Spideyk21

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 2:35 PM

Thanks, Migal, they're marvellous. Just what I was looking for.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 11:18 PM

Oh, thank you, Migal! Poor Steph never got the attention she deserved.;-) bonni

Migal ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:11 AM

I found all the old morphs and a cr2 that works with them. I'm checking the joints and PBM links now to see which version it is. I did a lot of experimenting there at the end. Once it all tests okay, I'll start making png files for the poses. I never did single injection poses for each morph. They're in groups, like jaw, mouth, eyes, faceshape, stuff like that. I've never enjoyed all the folders the Mil3 figures eat in a pose directory. She's only around 50 megabytes with everything injected, so it's not a big deal.

I'm hoping Friday night at the latest. Thanks for the interest, folks. I probably never would have done anything with the S1 version. Now maybe someone else can enjoy the stuff.

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:23 AM

Yay! Thanks! I'll do a nice pinup with her just for you. :-) bonni

narcissus ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 2:29 AM

I am a S1 fun too!I prefer her face to V2,Her body wad some problems though... A S1 head on a V2 body remmaped to V2 would be the perfect for me! Stephanie Max looks fantastic,and if I remember well Migal had released at the past another one face morph pack that make her look younger!Many many morphs there! Thanks Migal! pitklad

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 3:36 AM

I'm seriously considering buying Steph LoRes, so it would be nice to be able to just get the textures as a separate download. I like the challenge of tweaking morphs/JPs on the low res figures, so I won't need the morphs (although they do look awesome).

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:23 PM

Oddly enough I and JadedJane are working on a Steph1 figure, with all original morphs. Jane is still fiddling with the skin textures though, so look for it in the MP fairly soon. If that one goes well I do plan to make some more characters for less supported figures. Personally I think Steph's hips need serious help, so thats what I concentrated on in that one.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 7:13 AM

Migal i am interested in these also. Thank you for making it available.

Eshal ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 7:05 AM

I've used stephanie quite a few times and as far as face morphs are concerned I just toss over the ones I want from mike1/2....they work fine for me. Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 9:41 AM

Migal, dude... add one more to the list of folks who would be interested in these morphs (what? they'll prolly fit Aiko well enough :) ) /P

Migal ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 3:34 PM

Pengy, there are pre-configured Aiko injection channels in her. ;-)

Of course, I can't redistribute the actual Aiko deltas. Might be able to RTEncode that part.

Hoping to have it done tonight, folks. I spent about eight hours doing comparison renders between versions and decided I'd use the JCM hips, instead of the different hip JP. She looked better with the JCM in 32, versus 21 with the JP, and 10 were a wash. The JCM was much better for anything radical, like Digi's old Steph/Vic contortion poses.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 6:39 PM

I know... I got the version that was an upgrade form Stephanie, so the morphs transfer right in... most of the stephanie morphs I've made so far work pretty well that way.

/P

Migal ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 6:47 PM

If anybody is wondering, I still plan to post it this weekend. My daughter's graduation yesterday turned into an all night affair and my mother has come for an unexpected visit. The weekend is no longer my own, so it jacked up my timing a little.

rrkknight3 ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 9:33 PM

I'm also a Stephanie 1 (and 3, but that's another story) fan. Thank you for considering this!

Migal ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 10:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.migal3d.com/s_max/index.htm

Morph packs are up. Textures within the next 24 hours, after I get some sleep. Thanks for your patience.

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 11:57 AM

Ohhhh, thank you! Take all the time you like. :-) bonni

EdW ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:05 PM

Thank you Migal... these will come in very handy Ed

rrkknight3 ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 2:24 PM

A LARGE amount of work went into these. Thank you for your generosity!

narcissus ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 3:44 AM

Thank you very much!You are very kind!

Migal ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 6:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.migal3d.com/s_max/index.htm

Texture is up. Its kind of big, so I apologize in advance to those without broadband.

A couple of notes: P4 users will have to convert the bumps. Mac users will have to convert whatever it is Mac users have to convert. P5 users, I have no idea what will and wont work. As I understand it, P5 has trouble reading bump map settings from P4 MAT poses.

There are separate folders for P4 and PP hair MATs; the difference being that the PP MATS utilize the body hair trans maps as bump maps. The P4 MATs do not, so the trans maps wont need to be converted to bump. The skin folder contains separate MATs for P4 and PP; the difference being the P4 MATs call bum instead of jpg files. There is also a MAT to apply the main texture without bumps, so this might be the easiest for P5 users or those who dont want to convert in P4. If P5 does have a problem with P4 bump Mat poses, I would suggest the P5 users apply the P4 hair MATs, instead of the PP hair MATs.

Advice on the hair: Use Carrot or Dark Red with Kozs blond hair textures. The roots are red.

The skin tone changes are accomplished via ambient, so dont freak if she looks very bright when you switch her to fair tone. She wont render glowing. In darker light situations, youll probably want to use the lighter tones, because the dark tone is very tan, which looks best in brighter light.

And thank you for the appreciation. Its nice to be able to share her with other S1 fans.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 8:56 AM

Migal, Stephanie Max is a lovely pole dancer, but I can't upload her here until tomorrow (the one image a day thing). If you visit Renderotica, though, she's in my gallery there (I use my first name there, rather than the elizabyte nick). Anyway, she's gorgeous. I really like her. Thank you for sharing her (and she does look MUCH better with the improved joints!) bonni

Migal ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 12:15 PM

Very nice render, Bonni. Thanks for showing me. :-)

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 9:19 PM

She's in my gallery here now if anyone wants to take a look (and thus avoiding going to the other place which is, admittedly, not to everyone's taste ;-). bonni

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:51 PM

wow ..thank you very much. Very nice work :)

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 11:39 PM

Very nice! Thank you for making this available. Clearly a polished product, you are beyond generous :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.