Sun, Oct 6, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Almost ON TOPIC!!! WACOM

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 8:51 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:18 PM

Just bought a new Wacom tablet. Been without one for over 18 months and this was very cheap and just called out. It's a volito, so not the biggest and best, but works really well. Except in Bryce! My old one had a way of setting different apps to have different modes (mouse or tablet). Bryce has to be set on mouse mode other wise when you spin things around, they just spin out of control. Just something to be aware of if you see the same offer I did. (This was PC World in the UK, kind of our version of Best Buy).

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 11:25 AM

My wacom is primarily for photoedit/manip work for this very reason (at which it is totally awesome!). I use my mouse for Bryce/Poser/Cinema4D and gaming.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 11:32 AM

The best piece of plastic ive ever bought! ...or got, my boss payed, but i can live with that. :))

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 11:42 AM

wacom r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 11:55 AM

Ah! I wondered why I had strange feelings. Thanks Drac, that explains it.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

roobol ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 12:02 PM

Hmm.., never used my Wacom with Bryce, but I just tried and it works perfectly, no spinning problems at all in any mode. It's an Intuos A4 and I'm running under MacOSX 10.2.8

http://www.roobol.be

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 12:07 PM

With my last one, I used to have to set it to work on a relative positioning rather than absolute. Maybe your's automatically did that with Bryce? Can't imagine how though. But then, ours is not to reason why.....

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 4:58 PM

Yeah, I love my lil' ole Wacom PenPartner! It still works great.

Flak ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 11:49 PM

I think Drac's wacom came with a few non-standard extras by the sound of it ;)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Erlik ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 3:32 AM

While I currently don't have money for a Wacom, I tried something else, a Trust 12x9 tablet. You can set the active area to be as big or small as you need it, comes with a wireless mouse but coexists happily with your original mouse (Logitech Dual Optical in my case). The pen has only 512 levels of pressure and the tablet has pretty poor software bundle, but it costs just a bit more than $100 and is big, big, big. And does its job very nicely. What with the difference in price with a Wacom, you can fill out the software bundle. I'm seriously thinking of buying it. Just after I pay the 160GB disk. :-)

-- erlik

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 4:43 AM

Love my Wacom Intuos 2 (6x8) tablet. I use it mainly with Illustrator, Photoshop and Painter.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:35 AM · edited Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:39 AM

Mine is an old serial ArtZ II (8x6), bought it second hand many years ago and it has migrated from computer to computer with me. (It uses Com1 and my Logitech mouse is on PS2)

Message edited on: 05/26/2004 06:39

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:49 AM

Keep on thinking about a tablet, but haven't got one yet :(

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.