Tue, Sep 24, 11:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:15 am)

Subject: Can you look at a Poser image in "3D"?

MoxeyH ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:58 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

I have a collection of those old stereograph pictures and a viewer. The concept is sorta like the View-Master, if you remember that -- one picture for each eye, taken at slightly different angles. When viewed through a special viewer, it gives the impression of depth. The stuff I have is mostly landscapes -- pictures of Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon, and so forth. Now, what I've started to wonder is, it is probably technically possible to do a similar thing with Poser. In other words, you could render your picture from 2 different angles, scale it down small enough to fit in a stereograph and then look at it in 3D. Alternately, you could at least scale it to where your eyes could focus on it as a 'single' picture, like those 3D illusion books that look like abstract paintings but later turn into recognizable, familiar shapes. Has anyone ever tried this?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:07 PM

It can be done and somebody did it. Damned if I can remember how or who, though.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Spencer ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:10 PM · edited Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:11 PM

There are 3 or 4 tutorials on this subject both here and at daz. I have some examples on my website at

http://mysite.freeserve.com/anaglyphwarehouse/Poser_1.htm

All are anaglyphs and require red/green glasses (spy kids type)

Message edited on: 05/26/2004 12:11

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.stereoeye.jp/software/index_e.html

Yes, it can. A free program for download. Takes a bit to understand it. I never used it, because I do not have 3D glasses yet..lol. But when I see a pair hanging around here..

geoegress ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:27 PM

yes- it's really quite easy to make with 3d software- the hard part is finding the glasses- lol- at least around here :)

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 12:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1489557&Form.sess_id=1715006&Form.sess_key=

Here's a thread explaining how to make a stereogram. The method works well; I tried it several times.

MoxeyH ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 3:06 PM

You dudes are awesome! I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the links and info.

davidgibson ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 5:20 PM

I have been playing around with this for years and it can be a lot of fun. Try this site of all sorts of 3D supplies and sofeware. http://www.stereoscopy.com

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 4:03 AM

As for the glasses, which are also hard to get her, I found some on E-bay, at a ridiculously low price, I think something like $2 for 5 or something like that. So I bought a bunch :o) They're fun!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

rreynolds ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 10:45 AM

Has anybody found a good freeware viewer for LC-shutter glasses? The one that NVIDIA provides is lousy and distorts the stereo-pair images and that messes up the 3D effect. I haven't been able to make my old Revelator viewer work with my current graphics card, but the glasses work. For anybody who doesn't know, LC-shutter glasses have polarized lenses that alternately turn each lens on and off in rapid succession while the graphics card switches each view for the appropriate left and right eye. This allows playing most current 3D graphics games in full 3D, literally adding a new dimension to the games.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 12:19 PM

file_110671.jpg

You can also make the "cross your eyes and squint" kind that don't need and other equipment in Poser. I used to know what these were called, but I can't remember. ;-) I do remember how to view 'em, though.

MoxeyH ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 10:01 PM

hee hee! Thanks Jim. I really got a kick out of this one. Sort of like one of those personality-reading pictures that you make up a story to... "Hmm, looks like it's taking place on a Civil War battlefield, and Batman is wearing only shorts and his mask. And he's chasing a costume-less Batgirl..." I checked out the links you folks posted, too. Great stuff! :) MoxeyH

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.