Fri, Sep 20, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Importing from 3dMax or 3DViz to Vue 4 Pro

satfj ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 11:55 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:36 AM

What options do I have when importing from 3D Max or Viz to Vue 4 Pro other than 3DS files? Thanks in advance

TheJoker ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 6:48 AM

Among others: DXF. More, depending in the plugins you've installed in 3DS (and which version of 3DS). You can also use Okino Polytrans, or Deep Exploration 3.5 to convert your files. What is the problem with your 3DS file format? (if I may ask) T J

satfj ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 7:42 AM

I'll try those. I am working on a project in 3d Autodesk Viz04 where I have a linked ADT03 model in it. When I export my model as a 3DS file and import it either in Vue 4 Pro or back into Viz or Max I get all the objects misplaced. There must be a way to bind or override some coordinates or something so objects stay with the same location to each other when exported. Thanks

TheJoker ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 10:11 AM

"I get all the objects misplaced": YES! I've got that too :-( Wanted to import a very nice Lightning P-38 I've got, and in Vue every part was "scattered" :-( Deep Exploration and Polytrans "saw" it perfectly, NOT Vue Pro. Then I never used the "MAX" / "Vue" "compositing" plugin (I don't know how you name "that" in english, sorry). So maybe you could work on in MAX and add the landscape in Vue? I hope you'll solve it ;-) Regards T J

satfj ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 11:20 AM

Did you try exporting the Deep Exploration and Polytrans files into Vue?

TheJoker ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 5:20 PM

Yes! But with DXF they loose the textures :-(((((( Sorry... TJ

satfj ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 8:58 PM

There must be a seeting either in ADT or Viz that needs to be adjusted or turn off when exporting to 3Ds that's causing it.

kongorilla ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 11:49 PM

I've never used Viz, but when I've encountered the scattering problem when exporting from Max and importing to Vue, I've been able to solve it by either:

1. attaching all objects into one big object in Max before exporting.

or

1. First, zero xforms on all objects, then collapse their modifier stacks. Then link them into a hierarchy. Export. It's possible you don't have to link them, but if you do they're grouped in Vue when you import them, which is handy.

steve (kongorilla)

satfj ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 3:17 AM

If you select your option 1 above, when you attach all objects option ....how do you then assign materials? Best method? I'm not sure I understand option 2 above. Please explain or point to a tutorial. Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.