Fri, Sep 20, 1:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:38 pm)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: May challenge subject

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2004 at 3:31 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 9:53 PM

OK Once again thanks to those who voted for me :o)

The subject for the next challenge wil be

Solitude

whatever you think of when you hear that word. Is it something good or something bad? You choose :o)

All sort of postwork allowed.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Azha ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 4:41 AM

Attached Link: Each In Her Own Solitude

The one above was just for fun This is my official entry for the month...I did say it was one of my favorite words, did I not?

"Every line means something."
Jean Michel Basquiat

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 7:01 AM

file_108756.JPG

Here's one I made earlier. Does that count. OK I called it peace, because to me solitude means peace, time out, time to think! BTW its a pure bryce render, no postwork except to add a signature

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

zhounder ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 8:11 AM

file_108757.JPG

I saw the post in the Photography Forum and I had been working with this image just last evening getting it ready for a show tomorrow. So here is my entry. Magick Michael

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 8:21 AM

Wonderful entries! Thank you for joining in.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 12:01 PM

file_108758.JPG

I guess I better add one too. Poser 5 and photoshop.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

thomaskrahn ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 10:22 AM

file_108759.JPG

Here's one from me :) Great subject! Vue d'Esprit 4.1 *The sky is a collage made out of 12 photos I took my holiday in Paris... Had to paint out half the city! Just where those rocks are, Sacre-Cour used to be :)* **Hope you like it!**

elizas_corner ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 4:32 PM

file_108760.JPG

Well I'm new to Renderosity..visited before but never signed up. I hope this captures the challenge for the month. I thought in a way it captures the vastness of creativity you can harness when your working on that next project by yourself.

twistednoodle ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 7:33 PM

file_108761.JPG

This is an old piccy of mine. The background is made in terragen and postwork done in PAINT SHOP PRO. I just wish this was real and I could go stay in the cabin for a while with my computer!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 9:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_108762.JPG

Here is an older render of mine that really suits this challenge. One set of footprints, a single gull and a girl. bobbystahr_imagine218 and a link as well cuz i think it may be a better resolution http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=310807&Start=1&Sectionid=31&filter_genre_id=0&MostWanted=Yes

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

jocko500 ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 2:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=662629&Start=1&Artist=jocko500&ByArtist=Yes

file_108764.JPG

if I ride I like to be a longwolf [means you belong to no gang or club{good or bad}] just ride letting the wind blow around uou and the rubber meets the pavement. No care in the world and lost in a world of your own.

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

tien_avielle ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 11:09 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_108765.JPG

Solitude - Such an unheard of thing in my life, I really had to think about it! This was rendered inside Impulse's Imagine 3D program. The egg was made there. The female was posed in Poser and imported into Imagine. The background image is a deformed image from Hubble, which I twirled in Paint Shop Pro. Is my vision of "solitude" comforting or edgy... I'm not really sure.

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 11:16 PM

file_108766.JPG

Solitude...made in Bryce,then postworked in PhotoshopCS.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

osscreepy1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 12:02 PM

file_108767.JPG

rendered in poser 5 with a little photoshop cs postwork

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 1:07 PM

wow these are great :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 6:57 AM · edited Fri, 21 May 2004 at 7:00 AM

Yes, there are some really impressive entries this month... and we still have a few days to go until we call for final entries. :)

Great turn out this month. :) Also love the theme.

Message edited on: 05/21/2004 06:59

Message edited on: 05/21/2004 07:00

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

karosnikov ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 5:12 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

file_108768.JPG

tasteless

stonemason ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 9:19 AM

file_108769.JPG

Out getting some reference of back alleys for a new model today, I was struck by the peacefullnes of this alley. Cheers -Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

bpmac ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:40 AM · edited Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:44 AM

file_108770.JPG

Title: Bruce. My father, a professional photographer, took this picture of me 40 years ago when I was 9. This picture was taken about a week after I found out my folks were getting divorced. I was shellshocked. He passed away this year and I am posting the photo for him, in remembrance.- Bruce

Message edited on: 05/24/2004 02:42

Message edited on: 05/24/2004 02:44

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 3:00 AM

when is the deadline?? sos...........

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 6:05 AM

Deadline for this month should be around the 26th or 27th. That will give us a few days to hold the voting. :)

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 9:20 AM

thanks rimrunner.. will put my image up on the nth of deadline time. :) :)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 9:32 AM

LOL ;}

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

digitalgrey ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:07 PM · edited Mon, 24 May 2004 at 2:16 PM

file_108771.JPG

This one represents mankind cutting himself from his fellow souls trapping himself in solitude........the tears of god for this is not the way it was supposed to be

Message edited on: 05/24/2004 14:16

www.digitalgrey.co.nr

RimRunner ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 5:39 AM

We're getting near the end... I see we've got erosiaart working on an entry yet.. so we'll give 'em another day or so.. but then we have to start the voting. If there is anyone else still working on one, hop to it and hit the render/print/save button :) Some awesome entries... and some new faces. :) Good luck everyone.

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 5:47 AM

rimrunner..ever heard of procrastination?? :-) ok..ok..will put it up now..as it is.. got a crazy schedule...

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 5:53 AM

file_108772.JPG

solitude is me. inside of me. solitude is simple. solitude is peace and calm. solitude is being alone. Solitude is lonliness. solitude is happiness. solitude is who i am, what i want to be, to have, to own.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 9:15 AM

re: new faces..well there's 2 of us from the Imagine Gallery, thanx to a very kind invitation from dialyn at our forum. I will for sure, enter more of these, and in future actually do a complete new render,but this month as a new coordinator at Imagine3D, and as a working musician, have had little time.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dorkati ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 12:56 PM

file_108773.JPG

Solitude is good. I like it! Loneliness isn't too good sometimes. But solitude is freedom and peace...and a little loneliness :) Nothing postwork just pure Bryce.

agnesdodart ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2004 at 9:39 PM

file_108774.JPG

Hello everybody! Hope entries are still accepted... if not, I'll try the next time!!! I made this image a while ago, it was one of my first photoshop collages! To me solitude has many meanings and the words resonates like a poem...

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 7:18 PM

file_108775.JPG

Meditation on Solitude (The Jewel In The Lotus)

Fractals will always amaze me!

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:00 PM

It's that time. :) Got our last minute entries in place... Please pick a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. I'll add all that up and then announce the winner on Monday the 31st. Good luck everyone, as always, great entries :)

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:34 PM

#1-zhounder #2=bpmac #3=osscreepy1

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

digitalgrey ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 2:19 PM

#1-chohole #2-erosiaart #3-tresamie

www.digitalgrey.co.nr

Mariamus ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 2:21 PM

#1 - Ernyoka1 #2 - Stonemason #3 - Erosiaart

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 2:38 PM

1st. ernyoka1 2nd. osscreepy1 3rd tien_avielle

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

geeksam ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 2:41 PM

#1 - osscreepy1 #2 - chohole #3 - twistednoodle

sailor_ed ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 5:38 PM

#1 thomaskrahn #2 dBgrafix #3 stonemason

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 9:03 PM
  1. twistednoodle 2.elizas corner 3. stonemason

agnesdodart ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 9:38 PM
  1. stonemason
  2. erosiaart
  3. tresamie

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 12:53 AM

1...Stonemason 2...Ernyoka 3...Twisted noodle

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

elizas_corner ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 2:47 AM
  1. Stonemason 2. erosiaart 3. osscreepy1

tien_avielle ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 10:20 AM
  1. osscreepy1 2. ernyoka1 3. digitalgrey So many excellent interpretations on a theme! My first choice was easy, because the picture grabbed me the first time I saw it, and the impression hasn't diminished with time. The photographs were excellent examples on the theme. BPMAC's entry tore my heart to bits, but I didn't feel it was proper to vote for an artist no longer among us - I do appreciate the sentiment, though! All of the entries had a story to tell - this is a wonderful theme gallery!

Azha ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2004 at 1:05 PM

1-erosiaart 2-agnesdodart 3-osscreepy1

"Every line means something."
Jean Michel Basquiat

thomllama ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 1:09 PM

1.zhounder (though not the prettest piece here,.. i think it goes with the subject the most) 2. stonemason (same as above.. and a tie in my mind.. but i had to choose) 3. chohole (this is tide with thomaskrahn for the nicest piece here I think.. but the others convay the mood/subject better) all these are great here and I'd like to choose them all :)

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 5:37 PM

1-twistednoodle

2-bpmac

3-osscreepy1

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

jstsittinghere ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 11:46 PM

1-dBgrafix 2-osscreepy1 3-bpmac

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 9:56 PM

First off... WOW. Great month of entries!!! We had a total of 19 entries for this one. Also have a long list of contenders for the winning spot, but as it counted out, there were two that seemed to strike a cord with everyone. So... on with the count: With 1 point each: tien_avielle digitalgrey With 2 points each: Tresamie elizas corner angesdodart with 3 points: thomaskrahn with 5 points each: bpmac dBgrafix with 6 points each: zhounder chohole with 8 points: twistednoodle with 10 points each and tied for 3rd place: erosiaart ernyoka1 with 14 points & 2nd place: osscreepy1 and with 15 points, taking 1st place Stonemason Congrats to all!!! Sonemason, please start a new thread with the June challenge theme. Congratulations!

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 9:57 PM

err... make that Stonemason, please start a new thread. :) All that, just to typo at the end. ;)

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 10:22 PM

LOL! rimrunner..'sone' in hindi.. means gold..don't think stonemason will mind now! :) Congrats everyone for not just winning.. but putting up your work. Loved the way we can put up stuff and have each other say what we liked! Darn hard choosing..everything seems so perfect! PS..this is the first challenge item me ever put up at renderosity... (sheepish me). stonemason..next plz...

thomllama ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 10:28 PM

well Erosiaart.. 3rd place not bad for first time :) Congrads Stonemason :)

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.