Sun, Oct 6, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Animation - Chess Set Revisited

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:27 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:27 PM

Attached Link: Chess Set MPEG

file_111083.jpg

Following on from the tracking option I learnt today thanks to EricofSD, I've created a final version of my chess set animation. It tracks the white queen for the whole game. It's also given me the opportunity to fix the wandering sun by unlinking it from the scene.

I'd also like to request to the PTB's that IF you forget to put a subject in the message and then use the back button as requested, it really should keep all the text and not give a blank form. grrrrr.

3.8 meg MPEG. Sorry DDRUCK, still using the same conversion. If anyone knows of a shareware app to convert to a more stable MPG or WMV, I'm all ears.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:36 AM

Cool stuff Drawbridgep. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the tracking tip from EricfoSD works really well.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:40 AM

Yep, still goes boom. (You're a prophet too.) I don't remember a charge for Windows Movie Maker.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:42 AM

OK, working on it. I really want you to see it. Maybe I'll email you 115 BMP files.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:45 AM

How big is the br.5? Set me up a FTP target...

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:56 AM

Attached Link: Halfmeg WMV version

Yeah, like I know how to set you up an FTP target. Try this....

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 12:52 PM

That one works - neat! Now where's the 24MB 1180 x 836 version? 8)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 1:44 PM

In your dreams.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

johnyf ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:34 PM

Great anim..and really good image quality, will changing the file format alter quality at all?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:39 PM

I think so. The AVI was best, but 30 meg. But at half meg, I can live with the WMV.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Mrdodobird ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 6:54 PM

WHOA! Now THAT is really cool. I have only one suggestion, and it isn't even for the movie! The rendered animation looks like it's 10/15 fps, but the movie we downloaded was 25-30 (I could be far off). Just saying, if you turned down the fps for the movie you export to the internet, it could save 50 percent of the downloading time, since we're downloading twice as many frames as we need to, since most times every two frames are the exact same image. Dunno if I am making any sense at all, and I could be wrong.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 1:06 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I didn't even check. This is for the WMV fileor the MPEG? (The animation was 18fps.)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Mrdodobird ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 1:13 AM

The very first one you posted. The MPEG

Flak ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 1:15 AM

Very sweet animation (no matter what fps), Mr Drawbridgep.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 1:18 AM

The conversion program I used doesn't have a lot of options on the MPEG it creates. The quality isn't a lot different on the WMV, so I might stick to posting them now. Can Apple users read WMV files? And, thanks Flak, glad you like.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:14 AM

Excellent work drawbridgep it a real clear image and a great animation. 8)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.