Fri, Sep 20, 4:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Crocodile's Smile _ coming soon to DAZ

noggin ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:19 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:40 AM

file_111244.jpg

Hope you like this guy when he comes to DAZ. It's been quite a long haul for me_ I've taken more time and care over the texture mapping and texture production on this critter than I care to remember!! Still I hope you'll agree its paid off. The set contains a high rez model with multiple tail and body segement with Easi-Pose built in for smooth anatomic posing. The set has 10 poses included to get you started.

noggin ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:21 PM

file_111245.jpg

The texture was created using a very high quality commercial stock image form Dorling Kindersley (under licence) and has contributed enormously to the realism I've managed to achieve. Here's a close up of the head.

noggin ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:23 PM

file_111246.jpg

And finally the 10 pose set. Once again I'll shamelessly plug Ajax's Easipose Underground_ the best Poser construction utility that money can buy. Plus thanks to him for some nifty Python scripts that allowed me to save the poses for your delictation!!

nikitacreed ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:27 PM

AWESOME!!!

jade_nyc ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:28 PM

you outdid yourself on this one noggin!

shazz501 ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:28 PM

OMG,don't let Steve Irwin see him,he'll go crazy ;D he looks great!!!! (the croc,not Steve Irwin..lol)

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 12:49 PM

My gosh, he is so real, he looks like he could bite. I like! Thank you for another amazing critter.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 3:06 PM

Ain't that a croc!

3ddave44 ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 4:10 PM

wow - what a piece of work! wow

Staby ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 4:18 PM

This is awesome! I'm definitely going to purchase it! Do you have other animals in the works or that you plan on doing?

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 4:46 PM

so..it looks great ..except for that 6th tooth on the left side...shouldn't that be 1/8" longer and angled a bit more back???? and don't you dare say " bite me" just a joke, son

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

judith ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 5:20 PM

Yes!!! Excellent work Nigel!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

noggin ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 5:29 PM

LoL Dave-So. I just hope there's no one out there who's gonna tell be his howitzer bone is too short, if you get my drift. Seriously tho' folks thanks for the nice comments_ I hope it won't be too long before its released (it's just gone up to DAZ today and will need to go through their processes). Staby _ yep, there's a few things on my list but I'll have to keep you guessing for the moment I'm afraid!

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 6:25 PM

Oh my Gosh...sooo realistic!

Midnightposer ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 7:23 PM

Would ya take a look at this gorgeous little Shiela. (poor steve irwin impression) lol Nice croc though, very nicely done.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 7:33 PM

Call him Davy...Davy Croc. :OP

Deus_Viridis ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 10:18 PM

Does it going to be have morphs for oter kinda of crocodilles like allilators and garials and caymins?

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 12:09 AM

sweet sweet looking croc... i was looking for a croc about a month or so ago for a specific image, and now it looks like i might just be able to do it!! exciting stuff!!! [keeps an eye on Daz]

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 12:21 AM

Lookes great very realistic

noggin ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 1:57 AM

Deus viridis_ he's got several morphs to produce the changes neccessary for other species (mostly head and neck ones) The only one I had to give up on was the garial because of the arrangment of its teeth_ uniformally placed and sized and a few more than the croc.

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 7:00 AM

This is one awesome croc. Splendid work of sculpting and ART.

Staby ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 8:08 AM

Hi, could you post a link to the site where you purchased the license to the images? Maybe we could make a survey and give input for future releases...

noggin ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 9:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dkimages.com/

Here you go Staby_ this is the link to the Dorling Kindersly stock library. On the whole I like to do my own photography for textures (it means i can determine the shots and do close ups on detail) but we don't have crocs in the UK and I wouldn't want to get that close! The image I used is a Nile Crocodile and you should find it if you search with that.

Staby ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:31 AM

Thank you very much!

davidgibson ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 11:33 AM

Does he come with an alram clock? Capt. Hook wants to know.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 1:26 PM

Yes Noggin - the new security screen in the Commons would make it hard to get close-ups :D

noggin ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 3:25 PM

Ha! Nope Richard..however: I'm not sure I agree with your analogy_ Crocodile _ the summation of aeons of natural selection producing an exquisitely designed and honed killing machine_ruthless,efficient with elegant ferocity. Politician _ mmmmmm! I wonder if my croc would look good with a dusting of purple powder. (apologies if we've lost the rest of you!)

stonemason ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 12:07 AM

Awesome work...the texturing is excellent :) I dont buy many animals but I'll certainly br getting this one!

Cg Society Portfolio

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 11:53 AM

Wow! Great work on this! He looks very natural!

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 5:21 PM

Now this looks too darn good to pass up! waits in line Africa will be complete now! (or the everglades...or the... wow! :)

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

who3d ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 6:03 PM

Yowza. this guy looks great! I'm glad that I saw a mention of this thread on the DAZ boards. Any idea of pricing? (not that I'm impatient, but he DOES looky groovy). Cheers, Cliff

who3d ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2004 at 3:15 PM

Attached Link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.j.bowman/animations/croc_swim_test_4_compressed.avi

file_111247.jpg

Hmmm... there have been some developments since my last post. Noggin has graciously let me have a sneak peek :) This guy should be released any day now, so it's time to buy a bigger boat. Cheers, Cliff Just when you thought it was safe to render the water...

noggin ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 2:07 PM

Attached Link: http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2306

Here at last_ hope you guys like playing with him. (be careful_ he bites!)

huskydog ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 2:50 PM

Thank you for letting us know he was there! I just got him.

who3d ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 1:01 AM

For what it's worth, my "Swim cycle" loop for the croc is in pending for freestuff. It includes an initial Poser 5 MAT for teh crocodile, too :) Cheers, Cliff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.