Tue, Sep 24, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: SORRY PARTY'S OVER!!!

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 6:19 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:24 AM

Well this is it! Times-up! Thanks to everyone who took the time to post an entry, and to all those that didn't bother, naner-naner-naner!

i'll gather them up and get the page ready for voting. REMEMBER: One vote per person (NO CLONES) and do it via eMail to me (retrocity@renderosity.com)

:)
retrocity

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 6:24 AM

Is voting on your own entry allowed? Or is that a stupid question?

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 9:24 PM

the way i see it, it's "your" vote... i usually vote for the best image whenever i'm casting my vote (if it happens to be your own...why vote for second-best???)

but i must say in all the contest i get to vote in, are the same contest i CAN'T enter in !!

;)
scott

Midnightposer ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 6:27 PM

Awww man.....missed the party again??? slinks away in his party hat and white leisure suit

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 1:22 PM

Say.... speaking of PARTIES! what can be done to kick this place up a bit???

i seem to just answer a few questions and "once-in-a-blue-moon" post to my gallery...

anyone interested in a " " VERSUS " " battle??

or does anyone have an idea...

or does eveyone just stop by to get an answer for a test and goes off and plays somewhere else???

inquiring MODs wanna know!!!

;)
retrocity

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 1:51 PM

I just keep popping in to see if the "Add artistic merit (Gaussian)" filter has been released yet.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 3:08 PM

I just try to beat you (time-wise) to help poor souls stuck in the mud of Photoshop. (But now I first have to find out what that new Photo Blur filter does, in my brandnew PS CS)

Midnightposer ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 5:34 PM

What did you have in mind retrocity?

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 7:07 PM ยท edited Thu, 03 June 2004 at 7:10 PM

lol @ Hoof. you DO seem to be on at the best time to get the answer in... that and your answers are knowledgeable and "on the mark" (meaning, i often don't have anything to add but a "Thanks Hoof"). also it's good to know you have CS, as my office feels i've not given them "enough reason" to spring for the upgrade.

@ midnightposer, not sure "what", but i'd like to see the forum become a little more active (kinda' FORUM ENVY thing going on...) and make it more than an "I've Got A Question" forum. i KNOW we've got some "darn-good" talent here that use Photoshop for more than "postwork" on 3D renders... i'd just like to see some of them willing to post some work, or offer up some "steps"/"guidelines" on how they pulled it off (NO snickering!!! that's NOT what i meant!!)

any ideas are welcome... it is, after all, "your" forum ( i just work here ;) )

retrocity

Message edited on: 06/03/2004 19:10

Midnightposer ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 8:42 PM

Well that counts me out lol I am so new to PS I can't do anything with it yet. But I look forward to seeing what other people have done. If it's "my" forum then where are the Hooters girls??? ;) Mid

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 1:27 PM

Whatz "" versus "" ???? Iz it like Photoshop tennis??

I'm game for some creative pixel slinging!!! Schoolz out and I've got time, at least till my money runz out G

~AnnaC~

retrocity ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:33 PM

Hey Anna! ummm it kind of like PS tennis but what you do is, you each get the same elements (that is, "you" as in the two artist doing battle) and use Photoshop (and it's great "Layer" functionality) to create something. it gets judged by peers (but what i'd like to do is get a couple of our professional graphic designers to do the judging and point out some of the strengths and weaknesses in each one). right now i'm just looking to see if anyone would be interested...

retrocity

karosnikov ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 8:33 AM

raises pinky finger not enough strength to lift entire hand. yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.