Sat, Oct 5, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: Crosstalk between Shazam and Millenium Foal?

jade_nyc ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 7:49 AM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:22 AM

I'm working on a scene with Shazam (V2) and the Millenium Foal in it. When I apply a pose to Shazam, the Millenium Foal gets all screwed up and when I apply a pose to the Foal, Shazam gets all screwed up! lol Never had this happen to me before and I'm not sure what to do. Would using bloodsong's Millenium Null take care of this? Do I need to create a Null for Shazam? the Foal? both? lol I'm not afraid to edit files in a text editor so if someone could just point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me...

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 12:00 PM

Load the Null, make sure it is selected, load fig #1, select the Null again, load fig #2, repeat as needed. At least, this is how I do it.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 12:11 PM

okay someone suggested locking one of the figures over at DAZ which is working. I'm still boggled at why Shazam (derived from V2) would conflict with the Millenium Horse! lol Thanks for the information on how to use the Nulls but if locking the figure hadn't worked, I should have used the Millenium Null right?

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 1:24 PM

I don't have Shazam or the Millenium Foal, but I have noticed similar behaviour when applying some pose files.

This is just a guess, but I think what is happening is this; when a pose file contains more body parts than the character it is applied to the pose data for the missing body parts seems to spill over to the next figure that has those body parts.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 1:38 PM

Okay les that's it!!! I was trying to apply a P4 horse pose to the foal when Shazam went all wonky! hehehe I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on and chalked it up to some kind of weird crosstalk thing going on! lol Speaking of which, anyone know where I can find a resting/laying down pose for the Mil Horse or foal? lol

sandoppe ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 11:17 PM

Try applying an M3 reclining pose to the horse and then let us know what affect it has on Shazam!! :)

h-kana ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 1:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jellywormman.net/poser/freestuff/horsefeathers12.zip

HaiGan made 20 poses for Mil foal.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 9:22 AM

Thank you so much h-kana! I've been looking for those poses everywhere. I had heard over at DAZ that HaiGan had made some poses but when I did a search in free stuff I couldn't find them. Does anybody remember Elaine from 'Friends'? The spasmodic dancing she would do? lol That's kind of what the foal and Shazam were doing together.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 11:27 AM

It is Elaine from seinfeld not friends.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 2:08 PM

yeah DUH!!! lol thanks xantor g

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.