Tue, Sep 24, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Photoshop shortcut keys

Boxx ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 10:50 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:34 AM

I am having to use Photoshop CS to remain compatible with other users, but it's driving me nuts as I prefer 5.5 as I know all the shortcuts, and since 6 or 7 they keep changing them. Now there is a function to reprogram your keys in CS - Does anyone have a set already made up that emulates 5.5? I can do it myself, but I thought I'm sure someone, somewhere has already done it.

Divian_Solid ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:28 AM

Isn't that a matter of illegal use of photoshop? Don't know exactly since I use version 7 myself. But I heard from others that normally CS uses the same shortkeys...

Boxx ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 3:58 PM

Illegal use?? How? Or does that mean I cant use your actions? I cant use your brushes? There is a settings file for keystrokes you can reprogram. and CS is NOT the same as 5.5 I keep hitting keys and getting all the wrong stuff. Personally, I think 5.5 was the best it got - after that it was just add-ons and gimmicks - how can you improve on perfection? There have been a few good additions like the browser and print functions, but I dont need liquify and slice tools etc etc (yawn). Sorry for my gripe, but I've been using PS since V2, and I know what I like as a practical tool, not an overweight piece of bloatware.

Divian_Solid ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:32 PM

I ment some have the same problem with a none legal version... However I do think it's possible to change these key shortcuts like u say. If it's a legal version don't hesitate to contact adobe itself, otherwise use google ;-)

karosnikov ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 8:43 PM

it's looks like a DYI, sortcuts...once you spent two weeks solid in the new app. a new habbit develops. I can understand.. macromedia changed the "clone " shortcut in freehand 10, drove me a little nuts in the begining.. but now it's all cool.

Boxx ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 12:22 AM

I fully agree, but I use both - I use 5.5 for my own use because it is quicker and less cluttered, and CS because it is industry standard when working at a clients premises.

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 1:40 PM

Never used anythin' under ver7 since thatz what the school has. Wonderin' thou, how would you transfer the shortcut info anyway??? I no how 2 set it for myself on my sys, but how would I be able to share this with others, like U??

~AnnaC~

Boxx ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 3:08 PM

In CS you have the ability to save the keystroke settings

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.