Wed, Oct 9, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Problem with Varesh's Suzyn Hair prop

Fracture ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 9:12 AM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 10:23 PM

OK I bought this the other day and I am having problems getting it to render properly in Poser 5. Basically the color in the preview thumbnail looks like it's jet black with a white streak. However when I render it it comes out a VERY washed out grey and kind of shiny. I've tried tweaking a lot of the settings in the materials section but that doesn't seem to do a lot of good. The best I have gotten it to look is a very dark grey with no streaks. Am I doing something wrong?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 1:29 PM

Are you using Firefly or the P4 renderer?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 7:37 PM

I have this hair, and it looks good in Poser 5. Er, forgive me if this is an idiotic question, but you are using the included MAT files to apply the hair colors, right?

Fracture ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 11:00 PM

Yes. I'm using the pose menu to apply everything too.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 5:10 AM

Sometimes MATs don't apply correctly in P5. Especially if you've applied MAT files repeatedly to same item. Try deleting the hair and starting over. The MAT files usually apply correctly the first time. Bring in the hair again, then apply the black MAT, then apply Streaks Off. If that doesn't work, post a screenshot of your Material Room settings. A shot of the rendered hair might be helpful, too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.