Mon, Oct 21, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Answer Questions, Win Prizes!

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 5:06 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/go/survey

Win a Viewsonic 19 LCD Flat Panel, Nikon Coolpix 5700 5MP Digital Camera, Nikon Coolpix 3500 3MP Digital Camera, an Xbox, one of many Curious DVD Bundles, Poser 5 or Shade 7 for English (when released)!! ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCTS TO WIN! May 26, 2004. In todays market, whether youre just starting to get into or are already an accomplished 3D artist or designer - one thing remains true - the variety of needs, uses and tools available in this industry can be overwhelming. With continued focus on Poser 6, Curious Labs has been working hard on planning the development and release of the next Poser Artist and the English release of the Shade series. Researching new technologies, reviewing customer service and technical support inquiries and reading through posts on forums have been very helpful. But by far, customer surveys have proved to be the biggest benefit in understanding the users needs. The Shade series is focused on providing a 3D Graphic Designers suite of tools in one application and offers 3 different levels fitting to the stage of learning each user may be in. The next Poser Artist will follow this path, offering a different level of Poser more fitting to the academic market and those just starting to get into Poser art. This survey covers both products to help us understand your needs more. Whether youre a long standing Poser user, or new Poser and to the 3D world, wed like for you to share your feedback with us. To be eligible for Prizes you must fully complete all required fields in the survey and provide valid contact information by June 20, 2004 at 23:59 PST. Winners will contacted by July 23, 2004. http://www.curiouslabs.com/go/survey

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 6:29 PM

It doesn't say HOW you win the prizes...is it a drawing?

kmwhitt ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 6:52 PM

After you fill it all out.... It states that it is a random drawing.

lalverson ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 7:29 PM

Yeah, did the last one and they said i won and Ipod jr or something but oddly, never did get it...

HalfEsperLaura ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 8:40 PM

I don't really care much about prizes; it was worth filling it out to me just to pull the lever for OpenGL support next time around... ^_~;

dreamer728 ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 9:43 PM

"If you filled out your contact information on the last page you have been entered to win a prize. We will have a random drawing and if your name is drawn we will contact you by July 23, 2004. Thank you again, Your Curious Labs Team" That's what it said after I was done...

cherokee69 ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:28 PM

I filled out the survey and all necessary info..when I clicked the OK button, it took me right back to the survey as if I hadn't taken it. What's up with that?

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 11:09 PM

Cherokee69; their giving you a second chance!!

sandoppe ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 11:12 PM

Cherokee69: As I recall, that happened to me when I took there last silly survery. Do you have Norton Security? I believe I had to turn off Norton/firewall to take the blasted thing.

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 12:51 AM

Same thing here Cherokee, and yes it was my firewall. Sorry, I'm not turning my firewall off for anyone or anything, I'm paranoid!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

ronstuff ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 1:48 AM

I don't recall ever seeing notices of any of the previous drawing winners on other questionnaires. Does anybody remember whether they were announced or not? I plan of giving them my opinion anyway LOL, but don't have a lot of confidence in their little drawing. Also if its like the last little marketing ploy, the questions will be so biased that you can't say what you really think anyway except in the comments which are probably stripped out of the database before anybody reads them. Sorry to rain in their parade, but I'm really not looking forward to having to pay them another few hundred bucks for the priveledge of beta testing their next edition which will be nothing but a solid year of frustration for those who buy it when released. I'll let the rest of ya fume over this one, I did my share on P5, and stood by them through it all but not again.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 8:36 AM

well ronstuff, youll be less pleased with this one. There is no comment section. :) You could take the initiative and e-mail, but there is no promise that would get thru to them. This one seems mostly aimed at what parts are most important, what do you use it for and what else do you use type things.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

JohnRender ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 8:49 AM

I like the grand prize and first prize, but the others are a little odd. Sure, the Matrix trilogy and Indiana Jones DVD's are great movies, but think about the audience who is filling out the questionnaire... wouldn't most of them already have all of the Matrix movies and Indiana Jones? Like the above poster said, this survey is even more controlled than the previous one. There are no comment fields and you can't say that your most sought-after feature is a bug free/ fully tested product. There is no option to select improvements such as "well-written manual" or "fix all existing Poser 4 bugs". At least this survey doesn't ask where I got my copy of Poser or if I use it for adult artwork.

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 9:11 AM

I took it. Sounds likes its more of a servey on how to sell what they have then a servey to ask what we want.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 9:13 AM

... and all the listed newspapers are from the US - boo, hiss :). I wonder if they are planning an advertising campaign?

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 1:33 PM

Hi Guys! The Ipod minis are still on backorder, we have not forgotten about you. (Did you not get our email saying they were still coming? :( ) We did not announce the winners names as we were asked by 2 or 3 of the winners to not, so we just didn't announce any of them. Though I remember the person who won the grand prize announced it here in one of the threads. If you have any questions, you can always email service@curiouslabs.com because I am not on the boards very frequently. Tori Curious Support

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 2:02 PM

Good thing Curious hangs out around here to hear what the established users say. Still, I can't see them losing money with a push-button NViTWS creator... Serious 3d artists are a drop in the bucket and there really is no reason for Curious to care about us.

Deus_Viridis ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 7:51 PM

These seem to be gatherg infomaton for Poser6 isnt it a comercial post?

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 9:31 PM

Damn. Shame on ya'll. Shameful behavior.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 9:38 AM

Tori! Here's a {hug} and a thanks for asking what we want. Carolly

nomuse ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 2:57 PM

Not to pick fights, Carolly, but did you read the survey? The only thing I spotted that had anything to do with what gets asked for around here is support for graphics cards and multi-processors. Squat about the bugs, or the fact that Poser's central paradigms are several generations back and increasingly need complicated and cludgy patches to keep up -- ditto for the core code. I can tell you what Poser 6 looks like without taking a survey. It will look almost exactly like Poser 5 except that the preset libraries will be bigger, take up more interface space, but be a little more organized and efficient. The presets will be based around a "Don2" and "Judy2" figure, include some simple settings and famous buildings (low resolution models only), and there will be a Scene Wizard to throw it all together. There will also be a couple more "gee whiz" functions that work unevenly; better real-time preview using major graphics cards (but not OpenGL) and Radiosity will be hacked into Firefly; a very slow radiosity, but still there. And by version 6.2.1 all these new functions will actually work.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 8:30 PM

That is amazingly prescient! But what if nobody said that famous buildings were in their top 3 wanted items? What if nobody said that they wanted wizards? What if nobody said that they wanted presets? I didn't. I didn't ask for lights or camera presets either. Most of us who have used Poser for any length of time know that we can buy or find extra content... even people NEW to the program know that there is stuff available because the box contains ads from various sites... which they see before they even install the application! Giving us what we ask for is a dangerous proposition... I remember the wish lists for Poser 5: dynamic cloth, strand-based hair, etc. and etc. They gave us too much. It would be better to take a smaller bite and do it well. That way the community doesn't have so much to learn all at once, either. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.