Tue, Oct 22, 2:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Please Help

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 12:09 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:30 AM

Right im working on Bumps, new to me really. Im trying to create small spots etc, on the face and i understand it all. But is there away in Photoshop to somehow position it above the textture, so the color your adding for the spot is in the correct place. Ive heard something about Layers, but i dont understand layers myself. Help would be apprecaited, a finger in the right direction to a relevent tutorial will be greatly appreciated if its hard to explain. Thanks in advance.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 12:48 PM

In Photoshop go to Layer/new/layer and create a new layer. Now go to Window/Show Layers. This will open up a small window where you can keep track of the layers. You can now make changes to this new layer without affecting the original. When you are happy with it go to Layers/Flatten Image. Now save with a new name. There is obviously much more you can do with it, but this is the general idea. Hope it helps philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 1:09 PM

OK but i dont see how that helps. What i need is for when ive Created Spots on the bump map, Like by Making the correct area White. How do i get the colouring of the spot on the Texture map in the same place as it is in the bump map. Thanks in advance

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 1:56 PM

Use the same layered image with another coloured layer containing the spots. You could make up a sandwhich:- Original coloured texture (background) Coloured spots (layer 1) Grayscale of the spots (layer 2) Select background and layer 1 for the texture. Select Layer 2 for the bump map. When I have a multi layered photoshop image that I want to make multiple images from I:- Select the layers I need. Go to Select/select all Go to edit/copy mergered Go to file/new accept the defaults On the new (blank) image select edit/paste Go to layers/flatten image Go to file/save Repeat with other combinations of the original photoshop layered image. Confused? you will be (I was) but go through it a couple of times and the mists will clear :) philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

GREGC1 ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 1:59 PM

you open the texture mpa file in photoshop. you then follow PhilC's procedure - by creating a new layer "above" the texture, and on that new layer. You create your bump map "above", using the texture map layer "below" as a template. When completed, you then make sure the bump map layer completely covers the texture layer (you can do that by selecting all in the bump map layer, and filling the whole layer with white in the multiply mode), then flatten the image, then save it with a different name - or you won't have a texture map anymore!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.