Thu, Oct 3, 11:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: HUMAN REFERENCE PHOTOS

renderclipps ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 6:27 AM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:24 AM

Hi I'm wondering if anyone's used the photo ref. site http://www.3d.sk/ Before I part with my money I normally like to ask the vendor anything I'm not sure about, as you do. This does seem to be the best or only human photo ref site on the net (please let me know if I'm wrong and there's loads more out there). I noticed there were various payment methods starting from $10 anyone know what you get for the $10. I sent an email to the vendor but no reply as yet. Has anyone had any problems registering to the site? (simply because there was absolutely no contact info for the vendor apart from an email address) thanks

Tunesy ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 6:37 AM

They have a very good rep, although I don't use em personally.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 6:43 AM

I had a subscription, though I've let it lapse. The $10 is for one month's access, but you can download anything on the site during that time. He has about 10-15 sets of nude ref photos, male and female. They're good quality. The higher payment options get you access to the bonus section, which includes for examples all the photos in a set as one zip (with normal access you have to download one by one.)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 6:53 AM

file_111774.jpg

I use this service and am very happy with it. They offer a monthly subscription. Those that join later are blessed with a larger library than those who signed up earlier but since he is adding several new photo sets each month I consider the money well spent. Initially you will have to file/save each image individually but after 3 months you qualify for the bonus section and can download the zips. They were recently hit by PayPal regarding them as an adult site because they show nude pictures (duh!) and have had to change their method of payment. I had some issues with the changeover. These were handled courteously and in a timely manner by the site owner. Problems happen, its how a company handles them that is important.

I am completely satisfied with www.3d.sk and highly recommend it. By way of example here is a model I created then textured using photos from that library.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

renderclipps ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 6:53 AM

Thanks Karen that answered my question. Just amazing that it's the only site like it. Cheers

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 7:00 AM

I'm letting it lapse because I don't trust his current "shopping cart" sources. The one for Visa uses low-grade encryption (no way in hell am I going through that), and the one for everything else is through a company that had a major security breach in the past (according to a google search). I had thought about it anyway, because I only need so many photo references, and the change (not his fault, BTW) cinched it.

That said, the photos are excellent. He's got a pretty good variety (not as many very dark skinned people as I would like, but I think he's in the Netherlands, so that's understandable), the images are pretty good quality, and he's thorough when doing a set. His use license is excellent, not very constricting on your use at all.

renderclipps ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 7:46 AM

Wow FyreSpiryt, you've scared me with the info about the security issues but I'm stuck with no aiternatives. i'll try it with a credit card I don't really use a lot. Thanks And cheers Phil C, I've bought some of your stuff back in the day, respect. peace

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:04 AM

The one for everything except Visa had an issue in 2000, but that was the latest I found, so I imagine you'll be fine. I'm just a bit paranoid.

renderclipps ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:21 AM

Well I've just bought the 1 month subscription. It forwards you to another site, enter details and it immediately sends you a user code which you have to forward to the original vendor. The vendor says you have to wait upto 8 hours for login details. So I'll just wait and see. Thanks

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:55 AM

OK, went to the site to sign up and they want $75? Thanks Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:02 AM

What am I doing wrong here? Went to the site link from the instructions on his page and they want $75 to join, also don't see any human photos there. Can someone help me out here? Thanks, Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:05 AM

Sigh, just get it over with and shoot me....lol Figured it out. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:14 AM

Ok I'm in but where are the human photos? Thanks, Marque

renderclipps ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:16 AM

I'm an individual (ha) I was able to purchase the one month subsciption at $14.95. I received my authorisation email within the hour. And I'm now downloading. Pix look good peace

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:19 AM

Found them. Now where is the coffee? Thanks for the heads-up on this site. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:24 AM

So you get a different authorization from him? I'm in the site registered but don't see his photos. Thanks, Marque

rockadon ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:25 AM

FyreSpiryt he's not in the netherlands I live there and there are many black people though all kinds of colors. he lives in scandinavia I believe.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:52 AM

Jumping around the den.....can't wait can't wait can't wait! Love new stuff! Marque

renderclipps ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:53 AM

You forward the verification you get from the site you made the payment to the vendor and he'll send you a user code for the human textures site

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 9:59 AM

Not to change the subject but was it expensive for you to change over from PayNotMyPal to Visa Phil? Thanks, Marque

Gearcy ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 11:41 AM ยท edited Sat, 05 June 2004 at 11:44 AM

The .sk indicates that the site is registered in Slovakia, formerly part of Czechoslovakia, back in the day. Were it Netherlands, the URL would end in .nl; Denmark is .dk, Norway is .no, Finland is .fi and Sweden is .se. Of course, any of these can be over-ridden by the .com; it can be maddeningly difficult to locate an actual source for a .com URL.

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 11:44

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 1:27 PM

Expensive? No I just had to resubscribe. I didn't loose out at all.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 2:17 PM

Whoops, my bad. Sorry. I think I got him confused with someone else.

renderclipps ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 5:12 PM

Errr I think I've crashed their site. I've been downloading anything and everthing of use for approx 9 hours but now I can't get into the site. Anyone know if it goes down for maintenance regularly?

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 3:51 AM
Online Now!

I don't know about that (maintenence), but if anyone wants to check out his textures, he sells here under the name of levius (since that is his name, and all). Not as good of a deal if you need a lot of reference photos, though.

Pam (exotica/chromafolio) is planning to set up a similar site at Chromafolio.com if anyone is interested. There are also quite a few photo reference packages on this site by different photographers if you need to compare quality. xil and nagus and also JHoagland come to mind off the top of my head.

-Heidi

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

renderclipps ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 4:52 AM

I think I was downloading so much stuff it was my computer that couldn't take the pressure. All fine now though. So look like levius has some competition. Just a shame Chromafolio.com wasn't up and running last nite. lol Thanks

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 5:26 AM
Online Now!

No problem. Glad you got it straightened out! :-) -Heidi

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

levius ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 4:17 AM ยท edited Mon, 07 June 2004 at 4:30 AM

Hi Guys! :) Thanks a lot for praises and complains about my site. I am open to all suggestions. :)
Yesterday the www.environment-textures.com went down but the problem is solved now.
Check out the free hi-res samples from latest and upcoming updates:

http://www.3d.sk/upcoming/Katka_AK47.jpg

http://www.3d.sk/upcoming/lucy_rope.jpg

http://www.3d.sk/upcoming/helen.jpg

http://www.3d.sk/upcoming/katka.jpg

http://www.3d.sk/upcoming/lucy_katana.jpg

About chromafolio: I am really looking forward to this new resource. These people are artists enthusiastics like myself so I am sure competition will improve quality of both sites. :)

Message edited on: 06/07/2004 04:30

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 5:20 AM
Online Now!

Nice to hear you got your problem fixed, Peter! I have really liked what I've seen of your stuff so far. And I agree, the more, the better. :-) Going to check out your links... -Heidi

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 10:03 PM

Ok, why can't I get in even though I was able to download the other day??? Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 10:06 PM

Seems like the problem is not solved, would like to be able to download the pics I paid for. Have an email into Richard, can someone else check it out to see if it's just me? Thanks, Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 10:07 PM

Never mind, worked this time....off to download. 8^) Marque "I love computers...I love computers...I love mumble mumble mumble..........."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.