Tue, Sep 24, 11:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:15 am)

Subject: Saving a cloth as a prop (p5)

Spencer ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 4:51 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 9:37 AM

If I make a tablecloth in the cloth room and drape it over a table and save it as a prop, when I try to use that prop the nicely draped tablecloth has reverted to a flat plane. Why, what am I doing wrong?

diolma ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 5:17 PM

Spencer, what you should do is export the cloth as a .obj at the point in the animation where you like the effect . Then return to frame 1, delete the original square and import the .obj you saved. NOW you'll be able to save it a a (draped) cloth prop.. (When you export a prop, P5 exports from frame 1 regardless...) Cheers, Diolma

Spencer ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 5:45 PM

Thanks for the info Diolma, I'll give this a try. I was able to save the new shape as a morph but your suggestion is exactly what I need to do. Thanks again. Regards Spencer

diolma ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 6:01 PM

LOL. If it works (it should!) then glad to be able to help. If it doesn't then it wasn't me what told you! BTW - when exporting, if your prop has groups(for textures etc), then check the relevant box. But it won't save most of P5's special (material room) settings (such as transparency/displacement) etc. Just the groups. So it's usually best to ignore any material room settings until after having got the basic drape done. I can't remember off-hand what the default export dialogue options are called, but there are 2 items checked, with 1 item unchecked between them. What I do is uncheck the bottom (checked) one, check the next one up and uncheck the one above that. (It's become a habit with me - that's why I can't remember what they're called - it's just the route I go through.) Also, when importing, turn off ALL checkmarks - that way the cloth will import back just as you saved it. Cheers, Diolma

Spencer ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 6:05 PM

Thanks again Diolma, I'll give it a try tomorrow (too tired at the moment - it's just gone midnight here in the uk) Regards Spencer

diolma ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2004 at 6:14 PM

S'okay Spencer, I'm UK too.. (going to bed myself..)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.