Tue, Oct 22, 3:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Why do I have Black tips on my ears?

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 3:24 AM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:54 AM

file_112240.jpg

Depending on the lighting (but not a lot), I have black on the tips of these ears, the texture I created is clean with nothing like this in it. I am at a loss. Can anyone help me please Thank you

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 5:03 AM

Remove the hair and see if it's still there. Looks like it's at the base of the ears as well. Marque

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 10:52 AM

It looks to me like a shadow problem. Try using the face camera to look really closely at the ear, see if there is anything nearby (hair) which may be shadowing it. You could remove the hair or select it and pick the option for the object to NOT cast shadows) Then re-render. The other possibility (and I do not know if it applies to poser - is that the texture map for the head is not completely mapping to the ears. This happens in another package I have if you alter the geometry by applying morphs. Great looking character.

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 3:18 PM

I have tried rendering without the hair and still the same thing with the ears I fixed it by remorphing the ears into a slightly differant shape, now everything renders fine with any lights I use Thank you for your help

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.