Mon, Sep 16, 11:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Looking for REAL Southern Pine Trees :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:03 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

I need some Southern Pine trees....I've tried scanning in a twig & trying to make my own but as usual..they look like !@#$....

If any modeler out there can make some...I'd be thrilled & I'm willing to pay as well :) You know...the thin kind that break in an ice storm LOL

TIA

Message edited on: 06/09/2004 18:06

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:25 PM

If you can send me a photo for reference I can give it a go for you

Gill

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:42 PM

I have no idea what a Southern Pine looks like as I live up north in Canada...brrrrr...(well actually we're having a heatwave today!) but have you checked out the gorgeous pines at RDNA? Mega Pine Package They can also be purchased in separate packages. :) Irene

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:48 PM

I'd send you some but I think there's a law about chopping them down, something about National Lampoon last Christmas or somthing... If you want REALISTIC trees for Poser, the just click the link Irish posted. Can't beat them no matter how long your stick!!!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:54 PM

file_112339.jpg

Here is what the needles & cones look like.....sorry for B&W but google is giving me barely anything....2-3 more to come...if these aren't good enough, I can wip out the digi cam & post some pics late tomorrow.. Thanks!!!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:54 PM

file_112340.jpg

The bark

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:55 PM

file_112341.jpg

a taller version...they are very Tall & thin in the trunk.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:58 PM · edited Wed, 09 June 2004 at 6:59 PM

file_112342.jpg

Here was my HIDEOUS attempt at making an alpa for the pine...the key here is, all needles face to the sky...no drooping downwards. Please don't laugh ;)

Message edited on: 06/09/2004 18:59

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 7:37 PM

file_112343.jpg

What I want are NORTHER Pines... that is those narly Canadian Scots or Scotch Pines like the Georgian Bay painted by the Group of Seven... here is one by me...

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 7:59 PM

LOL...I'm glad we've brought Pines to the forefront.....Down here in the South...Most of the trees are pines :)

TMGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 8:23 PM

What part of the south should the pines be from? :p TMG

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 8:47 PM

Have you checked out the new pine tree models at Runtime DNA? They might not have the exact species you're looking for, but they might be close enough. There's an extra bark texture set in addition to the tree packages. I bought one of the sets and love 'em.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 9:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=EJ%2D023&ParentID=24695

The "alpine pines" in the RDNA set have that tall, thin look.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 10:20 PM

there's some across the street..how big's your mailbox?..;)
I live in the (pine)Tarheel state..we're lousy with them. The needles are thin, barks sort of slightly curved and flaky, greyish in color. Needles are usually evergreen (natch..;), cones are rows of circular points that come apart individually (extruded faces, to all you modelers out there..;) They pollinate about April-May..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 11:58 PM

Did you have to mention their pollen? :(

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 8:11 AM

I have the trees from RDNA(I love them as well)..They won't work for what I have in mind. Southern pines are just that....All over the southern tier of states GA/AL/MS/LA/TX/TN/KY/SC/NC/FL........Yep, BAD pollen mess...their buds of new growth are a yellowish green which leaves EVRYTHING covered in yellow dust...just yukky.

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:11 AM

Grabbing chainsaw and heading into pasture while thinking "Finally, someone wants the damn things" Kristta (Extreme south...sitting right now about one football field away from the Gulf of Mexico)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 1:15 PM

So they're pollen polluters?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 4:32 PM

ernyoka, they are very bad pollen polluters. I spend half the year with sinus yuckies. Kristta

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 4:52 PM

Eww knock on wood I'm not allergic to anything. But I know enough people who ARE. Makes spring and summer the worst time of the year. And that's not how it's supposed to be :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 5:37 PM

Keep that chainsaw Kristta ROFL!!!! I hate those darn things.....everytime we have an icestorm they snap & crash onto powerlines & houses......

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 6:58 PM

not to mention the resin (the aforementioned tar..;) Yeah, they pollinate for about 2-3 weeks down here, turns your car yellow-green, but fortunately it rains a lot about then, too..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

mamba-negra ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 11:58 AM

I have a great pine tree in my front yard, and I'll be sad if it ever has to go (and I'm in the south!) I provides tons of pine needles for using around other trees to keep from having to cut around them. They do produce lot's of pollen, but not any more than these stupid bradford pears (or whatever they are) at work which dump tons of yellow green crap on my car (not to mention the mess those make after the blooms have all fallen!) eric

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.