Sat, Sep 21, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: ** What's the best user name here? **

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 1:44 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

My favorite is 'Ben Dover' - marvellous, lol! Reminds me a bit of a UK artist of the late 70's who called himself Ivor Biggun. :] Fish

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 1:56 PM

hmm..considering Pakled was my 2nd choice..;) I dunno..it's a big field out there..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Skidlicious ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 3:03 PM

What's more delicious than the Ever Viscious Skidlicious?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 3:18 PM

GladysClump is by far the best name here because it's so amazingly unglamorous. Most people give themselves a name to reflect their musical tastes, or to play act at being some big, fierce warrior, or some sexy babe, but not Gladys.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 3:40 PM

"Most people give themselves a name to reflect their musical tastes, or to play act at being some big, fierce warrior, or some sexy babe, but not Gladys" Oh yeah, that's what I had in mind ;P I was thinking my work was either as much fun as a..., or looks like it was made by a...

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 3:43 PM

Tooting my own horn for a moment, I like the irony of "Redfern". It sounds like some concocted online name tempting people to read all sorts of meanings into it. My favorite was someone assuming it was a personally created "ElfQuest" WolfRider (and I do enjoy that comic series). The fact is, it's my real name. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:45 PM

I don't have a favorite name really. I would have to vote for DrunkMonkey though. My step son's nickname is Monkey Boy. I got my name (Kristta) from my real name. My real name has all those letters in it and using numerology and some other neat stuff, I came up with Kristta. Kristta

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 7:44 PM

~ROFL!~ Glad I could be of some use here. ;) I like the nicks Renderman, AgentSmith and Lawndart.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 8:10 PM

I like Pokeydots a lot...for some reason I cannot see it without immediately having to say it aloud four or five times. :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

ย 

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

brynna ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:32 PM

Bluebeard, Blackhearted, SamTherapy (would love to know the story behind THAT one), Ben_Dover (giggle), FishNose (huh?), Mahym...

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

ย  ย 

Dell Desktop XPS 8940ย i9,ย  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:33 PM

GladysClump is a hilarious name ..... Makes me think of an old-fashioned spinster.

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:36 PM

I also noticed that there is a person posting in the Maya forum called "Phlegm Thrower" .......eeeeewwwwwwwww !!!

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:42 PM

Blush Thanks SS! I picked a name that sounded fun :) Don't say it 3 times, weird things happen! Remember candyman!?! I have to say Ben_Dover makes me laugh everytime! Thats a great name!

Poser 9 SR3 ย and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:ย  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:ย  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:ย  2.8 GHz
Operating System:ย  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitย 
Graphics Type:ย  ATI Radeon HD 4200
โ€ขATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphicsย 
System Ram:ย  8GBย 

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:51 PM

Groingrinder. Everytime I see his name I think about the instruction booklet for a chainsaw made in Spain, that advised people the following: Do not use on genitals. Apparently the Spanish have different uses for chainsaws than the rest of the world.

narcissus ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 3:01 AM

I would take Yamato because in greek it means fantastic but in dirty words...I already use it a lot in my life! It's very fun how some words sound/mean from each language to another :-) pitklad

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 5:03 AM

Oh yes, Groingrinder definitely lol! And LawnDartLawnDart is great too. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 5:07 AM

LOL! That reminds me of the story I heard year ago about the small street in a town in Spain - no cars allowed. The sign said "Pederasts Only" I'd keep my kids away from there lol. :] Fish

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 5:35 AM

Can I have my bribe now? Small unmarked bills only, please. What? Is this thing still switched on?

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 5:46 AM

Narcissus, that reminds me about the time I told one of my Greek friends that I visited a town called Melaka when I was touring in Malaysia. He cracked up laughing, and I couldn't work out why....

narcissus ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 5:56 AM

LoL! Actualy the bad word is Malaka but Melaka is close... It means the one that...hmmm how can I say that... touches himself It is one of the most used words in greek... I use it a lot... pitklad

Wampyir ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 12:01 PM

Well, back when America Online was known as QuantumLink (or Q-Link to us afficiandos) I went by the moniker of Nosfera II. Since there was already a Nosfiratu on this board, I chose Wampyir as an alternate. It's not a blood-drinking thing, it's a nostalgia and aversion to the sun thing. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:48 PM

"...SamTherapy (would love to know the story behind THAT one..." Ok, I'll tell you. It's straightforward enough. I'm in a band called King Dice. Not clear? Ok, here's the story... There's a song by David Bowie, 'Sons Of The Silent Age', which features the line, "Sons of the silent age listen to tracks by Sam Therapy and King Dice". It seemed to good to leave languishing on an album track so I took the name King Dice for my band, way back in 1983. I took the name Sam Therapy as my alter ego, not just as a stage name, but to give a label to a part of me which was distinctly at odds with what I believed myself to be at the time.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 2:42 PM

Okay, I'll leave the envelope under the trash can - next to the phone booth. In exactly....(looks at watch)... 20 minutes. Thanks for the vote (keep this to yourself, mind) :] NoseFish

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 10:47 PM

Geep - no explaination - just Geep!

CobaltDragon ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 12:20 PM

The best name is so hard to select. The creativeness of the people here shows in their names just like in their art. CD

Batronyx ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 11:09 PM

Wasn't Gladys Clump the nosey neighbor across the street in Bewitched? I have to second CobaltDragon's sentiments, but I am surprised narcissus didn't pick his own name. :-D

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 9:16 AM

My moniker is a slight spelling change of Elfgiva or Elgivu. This name was borne by a number of Saxon queens whom no one seems to bother mentioning - British history appears to have started in 1066 according to most history books. I tried using for an email address and as no one else in the whole world uses it it seemed like a good choice as a web name. I was actually started life with a terrible double-barrelled name and an archaic English title (blue blood, posh but in-bred!) but am now known mainly as plain Jane. I vote for Pokeydots too, coz it is really cute.

Batronyx ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:59 PM ยท edited Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:59 PM

"Wasn't Gladys Clump the nosey neighbor across the street in Bewitched?"

I just did an IMDB check. I'm wrong. The nosy neighbor was Gladys Kravits, and there are no 'famous' Gladys Clumps there either. But now she's famous here. :)

Message edited on: 05/30/2004 22:59

Lawndart ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 6:49 PM

I like: PoserDefaultGuy

Phlegm_Thrower ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2004 at 9:59 AM

how dare u mock my name grrrrr.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.