Wed, Sep 25, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Ferguson's Next Contest -- Romance Long Ago

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2004 at 1:38 PM

One last question... primaltruck has a contest? Where are the details? :)

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

stoffel ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2004 at 8:13 PM

A wonderful idea again Jess, and a very good incentive to go along with that :) The rules are fair and very good. Im in :) Thank you Jess, Gina and Ann. Im sure the contest makes a lot of fun and show us wonderful artwork again. BIG HUGS stoffel

Folded ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2004 at 10:37 PM

Wow. A couple of points from over here...

• Yah! Another contest! These are good. Thanks for the opportunity to stretch. (I'm a techie, so a romantic mood is a stretch;-)

• On the legality point, IMHO (I'm not a lawyer but...) I believe that Ferguson is in the clear here. Contests where the soul activity is to enter your name into a random draw must, in most juresdictions, not request any monetary, or other, consideration. If they do, then the contest falls under gaming (gambling) laws. Most lotteries, sweepstakes, etc are basically a game of chance. If you have to pay/buy/etc to get in, then it can be classified as gambling and requires all sorts of additional licensing, etc. In this case, this is not a game of chance. This is a judged event based on the skills and capabilities of the entrants. As such it is not a game of chance, so requiring purchase/payment would be allowed - as Ferguson's lawyer referred to as a performance contract.

OK, I'll stop now:-)

BTW, Did I say I'm in!

Thanks Ferguson. Good luck to all!

Pen_Is_Envy ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2004 at 10:53 PM

Great, Folded!! :) Looking forward to it!!! :O) And to be fair to Armorbeast, I ask that everyone, out of respect, drop the subject of the legal issue now, even though no one has personally attacked him. Things have been settled. :O) Most importantly, he has lost his Mom just this morning. Let's keep them both in our prayers and/or our thoughts (if we don't believe in God)...

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2004 at 11:21 PM

I agree with Jess. My sincerest condolences and my thoughts are with you and yours Armorbeast. Well said Jess, heart of gold. HUGS Gina

BellaMorte ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2004 at 7:19 PM

Just bookmarking :)

Pen_Is_Envy ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2004 at 7:49 PM

PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE THAT THE CONTEST RULES HAVE HAD TO CHANGE, AND THE EXPLANATION AND FULL CONTEST RULES CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1814878 PLEASE POST ALL FURTHER MESSAGES AND/OR QUESTIONS TO THE NEW LINK, THANK YOU!!! :)))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.