Sat, Sep 21, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Photoshop 6

dethblud ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2000 at 12:46 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:17 PM

For any of you who may know, is there a difference between the Photoshop 6 upgrade, and the Photoshop 6 full version? Other than the upgrade requiring a serial number from your copy of Photoshop 5. I know some people include less documentation with upgrades, and things like that, and I was wondering if that is the case with Photoshop 6.

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2000 at 2:18 PM

Upgrades usually are not like that. Just need to be a registered user with Adobe.

dethblud ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2000 at 2:39 PM

Hmm, I was worried because the Windows Millennium upgrade I recently got had a little pamphlet that barely passed as a manual, and other than that and the cd there was nothing in the box. Is the Photoshop 6 upgrade available to people who have genuine versions of Photoshop 5.5 but never bothered to register them?

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2000 at 3:06 PM

Like you said WINDOWS....should'nt have to say more. Anyhow it is always good to register with Adobe. Entitles you to discounts and sales in the future. Saved over 60% on a recent deal because I was registered. If you purchased your 5.5 from someone, make sure they have transfered the serial number. Worse problem than not having the title to a car.

Euphoria ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 5:11 PM

i got photoshop 6 full version and upgrade! its VERY Different to Photoshop 5.5 in some areas! i dont like the text thing one bit

lilmikee ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 12:38 PM

As far as I can tell...from word of mouth, Photoshop 6 has incorporated alot of Illustrator's vector features as well as Illustrator 9 has incorporated alot of Photoshop's layer features like opacity changes and the lot. I say in 2 or 3 years I wouldn't be supprised if both Photoshop and Illustrator become one mega program. Caio 4 now Michael

Euphoria ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 12:48 PM

yeah there are a couple of illustrator features in it! i have it here working full version. its like the old one on 2 CDs but i just cant get to grip with how it does the text feature and how u select and use certain layers! its totally changed!

voodooninjax ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 2:11 PM

I HATE THE NEW TEXT FEATURES, maybe I'm just afraid of change. I do like the new vector support though. I upgraded from 5.5. It's cheaper and just like the full version, I'd go woth that if you paid for 5.5 in the first place. lol Jason

dethblud ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 5:37 PM

I have had a chance to play with 6 some not, and I must say I like the new text features, vector support, layer styles, and toolbar at the top.

Euphoria ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 5:46 PM

Nah i dont like the new text feature

Euphoria ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2000 at 4:50 PM

nah i am AGAINST the new TEXT feature their should be a option to choose from the old version and the new! i got the full Photoshop box n stuff from work for free so i am ok!

jstuartj ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2000 at 1:32 AM

The text feature is interesting, I my self don't use it much however ( Maybe the odd LED creation). I mostly deal with color correction and retouch for catalog work. Has any one had any problem importing or printing EPS's or Tiff's in Quark 4.0. We most like will not switch to 6.0 for sometime, but I may begin to to get 6.0 generated files from vendors soon and would like to know any pit falls ahead of time. Has anyone tried outputting Vector text embedded in EPS through Quark 4.0 to high-end rip, Say a Scitex Brisque, Harlquin or Splash. I have not had the time to play with this yet. jstuartj

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.