Thu, Sep 19, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Pics in the gallery

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 3:39 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 12:04 PM

Hi all, I don't know who's noticed this, but now you can reply to comments on images that you've put in the gallery, and choose a "No Rating" selection when doing so, so as to avoid looking like you're trying to raise the vote scale. :) Some of you have said nice things about my couple of pictures there, and I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to vote for myself, so I said nothing. Now we can. :) Cheers, Mike

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 5:14 AM

thanks for the update mike. g btw, you r doing a GREAT job :) Sacred

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 6:01 AM

Thank you, Sacred.... I really like this forum, and all the "regulars" here. :) I'm working on a few ideas to try to increase participation and to bring out the quiet ones....maybe some kind of project scheme or something... Anyone have any suggestions? Cheers, Mike

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 9:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=307

heyas; so can everybody post comments with no rating, or just the person who posted the pic? gotta check that out. mike: we had an idea once on an 'improve this vue scene' group project. um, no takers, though. on pfo, they were doing a pass-around project. one person would start a simple scene, then email it to the next, and that person would add something, then next... and so on. they did one pic, but after that... dunno, maybe artists are too busy with their own solo stuff. ps: the sort order for threads has also been changed, so messages with new replies get bumped up ahead of newer messages with older replies. since i hate this, i'm campaigning to put a stop to it... ;) but you can vote either way on the front page. (check the link.) personally, i think it will royally screw up the archive of the forum, by constantly mixing up the order of threads. (i'll NEVER be able to find anything, now! ;) )

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 5:54 PM

Mike...u mean some kind of a render farm type of project? It could be possible...what about a collaborative Halloween theme/pic/project? Sacred ps..bloodsong, I can never find anything anyway...so's this will not make a huge impact on my world ;-)

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 8:23 PM

Sacred, Hi.... Is render farm like what bloodsong was talking about above? If so, I've never been involved in anything like that, and I think it sounds pretty neat. :) Halloween theme? It certainly fits in with the time. Speaking of which, we have the American Thanksgiving holiday coming up and then of course Christmas, so we have some pre-fabbed themes we could work off of. :) Well, I'd love to get a suggestion or two or twenty, but let's say yeah....a Halloween project. If a render farm project is where we pass files along from one to the other, that sounds really cool. :) I can't think now, though...too tired....I just got through with a 13 hour workday! Must have sleep...mmmmm...sleeeeeep...... G'nite all.... Cheers, Mike PS I'll have more to say in the morning....

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 1:49 AM

Sort of an image creation round robin type deal?

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 6:25 AM

Kate, I figure that's what we're talking about here. Who wants to go first? The only problem I can see is that some of those .vue files can get pretty large, making emailing them a problem for some. If it doesn't actually turn out to be a real collaborrative project, it would at least be cool to see your Halloween pics, so let's all try to come up with one or more. I'm going to try to come up with a simple and small (file-wise) starting point to see if anyone wants to take it over from there. If anyone else wants to beat me to it, by all means, go for it! Cheers, Mike PS I got E-on's Picture of the Day today, with one of my two pics in the gallery here. :) If anyone doesn't know about the Picture of the Day, at the E-on site, every day they pick on from those that have been sent to them. The very best get placed in their permanent gallery. More info can be found at www.e-onsoftware.com They have some truly awesome pictures there!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.