Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is it you want exactly from the Poser Forum here at Renderosity?

Shoshanna opened this issue on Jun 15, 2004 ยท 95 posts

d-larsen posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 1:20 PM

Thank you Sho for recognizing the fact that things are getting a little cold around here lately. I appreciate the attempt to find a solution to this situation. I hope all will respect each other and recognize that R'sity is trying to reach out to us in this thread. 1)Do you want to post off topic in here and if so why? No, return the OT Forum so people can visit it if they want on their own. 2) Why do you think that is a good idea? It's good to have someplace to share non-poser related communications with ither members. 3) Would you prefer there to be an off topic type forum instead? Yes, as stated above! 4) What is so terrible about following the tos when posting that leads some people to complain about it? Nothing or else chaos would ensue, "Dogs and cats living together in sin...." The impression, real or not, is that some believe the TOS is not enforced equally. I have myself felt that way several times, PM'd a moderator, and the problem was generally resolved. Some people just think they are always right. We all need to realize that whether we like it or not sometimes we are wrong and should just accept it. We are all human beings, with feelings and emotions and should respect each other. 5) What do you like about the forum/community page/Poser galleries/Poser Freestuff here? Pretty happy with most of it. Still trying to get used to the new Marketplace. 6) What don't you like? Thumbnails for merchant's products. Not all of us are compression genious' and really think that 25KB would be a better thumbnail size for buyers to view products. First impressions are important and a compressed thumbnail of poor quality can kill a merchant's sales for impulse buyers. 7) What would you prefer we did differently? Accept that we make mistakes as well, most of them are honest and without malice. A polite correction PM like what I received when I inadvertantly violated the TOS, really meant a lot to me. Some people claim they have been warned with expulsion on their first screw up, I don't know if that has ever happened, personally I have never felt threatened by any moderator or co-ordinator here. You and JeffH have been extremely patient and fair with me. 8)How could we make the Poser forum a place where you would feel happier to be? Be a little more flexible and understanding maybe, "Anyone who just complains, with no other point than to complain and with no constructive suggestions on how to do things better will be ignored.", is what we call a Heat-Seeking-Missle in Management. There are better ways to make this statement, "Please make your comments constructive, respectful, and based upon facts you have personal experience with so that we may address them accordingly.", would have been a less antagonistic way to state that and would not alert most people's defense mechanisms. If you start off a conversation with a negative, then the conversation becomes an argument immediately. Start things with a positive statement then address the problems, accept input, and wrap up the discussion with a projected plan of action. 9) Would you like to see things like a featured freestuff provider of the month? Yeah, that's OK but not a big deal to me. I spend about $5.00 a day for bandwidth of my Free Stuff downloads and I can't afford to post as much Free Stuff as I'd like to. 10) Would you like to have a featured artist of the Month that you all vote for? Not site wide, just Poser based. That would be a neat idea. Recognition always is always good for the ego, and sales! Maybe, a featured New Artist to recognize new talent that may not be selling a lot of products but shows the talent and drive to possibly become a popular merchant? 11) Or to have interviews with Poser challenge winners so you can get to know people a little better? That's not a bad idea either. Stroke the ego, stroke the ego. Recognition of people as human beings, not just names on a board is always good and reminds us that we are all just people going broke trying to support our latest Poser Addiction...err Hobby.