Sun, Sep 22, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: A question for anyone willing to answer it..

binder ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 11:43 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.stas.net/1/drawer3d

Hi there, First let me say that I think that poser is a very well designed program. With that being said, I would like to ask this question, how do I create new characters using the characters that already came with poser?......For example....lets say I wanted to use the body of a human with a head of a lion. Feet of a goat and wings of a bird with a wonderful texture to match with....(I know it sounds wierd, but if anyone can help me with this, I'll put it up for download in the free-stuff section) How would I go about doing this and have the character work as though it was a regular figure?.....Without having to hide the figure body parts and such.... I hope I didn't make the question to confusing or difficult to understand......Peace....and oh yeah...here's a little pic for your viewing pleasure....enjoy!!.....over and out.....

How dare you speak to my sensei in that way!!  prepare yourself!

myGallery 

WarriorDL ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 11:47 PM

Ouch. A Combined figure. This takes practice and knowledge of modeling and CR2 hacking. Modeling would be aligning all the parts and such in a modeler then using (from Freestuff to the right!) compose to piece all of it back together. Then use UVMapper (also in Freestuff) to re-map the figure. After that comes the fun part of hacking the CR2 file. It gets complicated, but you'd need to know how to edit it to reflect the new character body parts and such.

binder ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 11:57 PM

Thank you very much for your response....in case you didn't know.....when I post this message it only took two seconds (not kiding) for you to answer.....Pretty cool...Anyway....about that CR2 hacking you menioned.....would you be about to explain a little more about that or prehaps direct me to a place that might have a tutorial for it.....I learn pretty fast, so I don't think that would be a problem.......

How dare you speak to my sensei in that way!!  prepare yourself!

myGallery 

WarriorDL ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 1:03 AM

Go to the right again and find Tutorials (below Freestuff) and do a search for CR2. Then scroll down and find the tutorial by Mason called "Combine fig and clothes tut". This tutorial would work the same way, regarding the CR2.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 6:02 PM

heyas; also come annoy us in the 'character creators' forum, and somebody can help you go through the steps. ;)

lmacken ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 8:52 PM

Binder: it was proveably 4 minutes, not 2 seconds. And did you notice how much better the answers were here, compared to where you successfully posted your pic. Something to think about. =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.