Fri, Sep 20, 4:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: New PC is Built! Prepping for Poser 5 now...

PixelSpray ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 12:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:32 AM

I already have Poser 4 but not Pro Pack. I want to get the Poser 5 upgrade. I asked this same question about 6 months ago, then got busy with school. So I thought it would be worth asking again. What do y'all think?

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 1:06 AM

Buy it! with the service release 4 it is quite stable. It has all the propack stuff in it. Some of the new features arent so great but the materials and the firefly renderer are excellent.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 5:39 AM

I have to agree with Xantor. P5 with SR4 is a major improvement.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 6:33 AM

Attached Link: 5 Things To Speed Up Poser 5 (RTF Document)

P5 with SR4 is absolutely useful. Here's some tips (in RTF format) on setting up your new PC for getting the most out of it. They are pulled from several threads, but the info is available at RDNA and PoserPros in thread format, and I have it in PDF and MS Reader format as well.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

davidgibson ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 7:17 AM

If you haven't done so all ready on you new PC, upgrade your RAM to 1gig or more. Poser or any graphics app LOVE ram.

BAM ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 11:44 AM

I am not someone who does "art" with Poser. I use Poser for functional reasons. I found a steep and as yet unconquered learning curve for P5.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 9:03 PM

What are the "functional reasons" ?

BAM ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 11:34 AM

I use it for teaching movement analysis. For example http://www.georgiasouthern.edu/~bmunkasy/3131/Elbow2.xls At times I have tried to make things more "realistic", however, it seems to take too long and, due to my limited abilities, really doesn't appear much better.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 8:02 PM

okay, thanks for explaining.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.