Thu, Sep 19, 12:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:30 am)

Subject: Who Am I?

fygomatic ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 11:23 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

file_113127.jpg

A fairly famous person, anyone guess who it is? Did the head in FaceGen, then attached it to the V3 body.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 11:37 AM · edited Thu, 17 June 2004 at 11:45 AM

Yasmine Bleeth? (or Blythe, or however it's spelled)

Message edited on: 06/17/2004 11:45

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 11:57 AM

What is FaceGen?

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 12:25 PM

Jessica Alba, formerly of "Dark Angel"? Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 1:11 PM

Amber Benson?

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 1:49 PM

Alan Alda?

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 2:12 PM

If it's Yasmine Bleeth, you have to add the double chins.

dork.gif Hey, just kidding! We kid her because we love her. At least in those Baywatch re-runs or whatever.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 2:33 PM

" If it's Yasmine Bleeth, you have to add the double chins. " Hey! No knocking "The Bleeth". She's still a fox... even with her duplex chins. ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

fygomatic ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 2:40 PM

Good guesses, well, except for Mason's. It's actually supposed to be Brazilian supermodel Adriana Lima. I still need to change the eye color and size the lips down. JeffH: Facegen (http://www.facegen.com) is sort of like poser but just for heads. Not the best description, but they have a demo on their website. Regardless of my results, I think it's hands down the best tool for capturing people's likenesses.

usmellthat ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 3:47 PM

If I squint, look to the side, stand on my head, and have a few beers (not necessarily in that order) she kinda looks like my cousin.

texmextortilla ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 5:35 PM

Buck minster fuller.

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 7:33 PM

Never heard of Adriana Lima. I don't think she's that famous here. Melanie

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 9:08 PM

jeffh an older version of facegen was used in poser 5 in the face room.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 9:13 PM

file_113128.jpg

I had a look for Adriana Lima using google and it actually is quite a good likeness

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 9:16 PM

The Fabulous Moolah ?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2004 at 9:34 PM

Ye Gadzucchinnis! Whatever did she do to her mouth? blech!

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 6:23 PM

other than too much lip gloss what exactly do you find so offensive about this girls mouth??? Just curious

My website

YouTube Channel

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 6:40 PM

This woman's lower lip is THREE times as thick as her upper lip (maybe four times by volume?), and obviously extends below her natural lipline. If you look at the bottom of her nose and the center of her upper lip, they do not line up vertically, but the philtrum is at an angle. It is not offensive, just deliberately ill-proportioned. (The image I have is of Marlon Brando wearing the pads in his cheeks to make his jowls puffier.) She has lovely eyes, so there is no need to draw attention elsewhere. Carolly

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 7:03 PM · edited Fri, 18 June 2004 at 7:07 PM

Those "ill proportions" can be found in every REAL human face
perhaps to a much lesser degree in fashion models and
other famously "good looking" people.
I dont know anything about this young girl pictured.
but i dont understand how her natural lack of facial symmetry or full lower lips can be assumed to be the result of something "deliberate".

I know many lovely ethnic women that have similar
features and they are beautiful people ...not "blech"

I thank nature for such rich diversity :-) we cant all be vicky3

Message edited on: 06/18/2004 19:07

My website

YouTube Channel

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 8:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=1814270&Reply=1818919#23

I have no problem with ethnic features on ethnic faces... the proportions of the faces as a whole usually fit gracefully. I wouldn't be putting thicker or thinner lips on the faces in this thread if I didn't feel that they went with the character. I do have a problem when someone tries to change their facial structures to match an artificial ideal when it isn't part of their genetic heritage. Example: Michael Jackson trying so damnably hard to look white despite his talent and success. Standards of beauty fluctuate. I suppose that collagen-filled lips isn't as horrible as bound feet or removing ribs to present the "right" silhouette. We'll know in 50 years how permanent is the damage. Carolly

fygomatic ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 9:23 PM

Adriana Lima doesn't have collagen lips. She's of mixed race. What's probably coming off as unnatural is the mix of traits: caucasian eyes and nose with african lips.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 9:39 PM

She's not African, she's Brazilian. "Adriana Lima was born in 1982, in Salvador, Brazil. The blue/gray-eyed beauty can attribute her exotic good looks to her French, Portuguese, Native-American, and Caribbean heritage."

fygomatic ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 10:32 PM

Where did I say she was African? My point was her face is a mix of ethnic traits, with her lips seemingly a product of her afro-carribean roots. You implied that those sort of lips aren't part of her genetic heritage which is incorrect.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 12:06 AM

Maybe it is just me, but I like her lips...

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 8:54 AM · edited Mon, 21 June 2004 at 8:55 AM

As do I.
Fygomatic, thanks for your clarification :-)
Screaming "collegen injections"
at every non african female with full lips
is as IGNORANT as yelling "Steroid abuse!!!" at every heavily muscled male, without knowing any real facts
about the specific individuals life or background.

your render is beautiful BTW good work ;-) .

Message edited on: 06/21/2004 08:55

My website

YouTube Channel

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 4:01 PM

There are plenty of Caribbeans who do not have any African heritage... but who are Spanish, French, English and/or Indian. A face should balance. If her nose was wider, it would complement the mouth. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.