Sat, Jul 6, 1:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 10:46 am)

Subject: Ok here... goes... Homoerotic Art Site (new)

profotograf ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 2:32 PM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 7:45 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.gayposerotica.com

Hi,

some of you may know me as the male model photographer who was mega impressed with Poser and has been bugging you all for information and how-to info... Well I was so impressed that I built a site for information exchange regarding the MALE model figures and also for homoerotic artwork... Still not sure if the name of the site shouldn't have been MalePoserotica.com but I got GayPoserotica.com without a hitch... For now, the site will be called that, maybe the other will come in time.

I have setup a Gallery, a Forum and a section where those of you who make props and freebies for M2, M3, D3, Freak etc, can promote your work. I am not sure how well my Community will go over, cause I found many women make M/M artwork, so you don't have to be gay to go on my site ok???

Guess I am just open and honest about things, and that shocks most people, however, I'm not a prude and think that the male form can be really wonderful to look at, and to work with in Poser... Just figure after looking at hundreds of different sites looking for ways to put the figures to good use, one centralized male model site would be cool...

Heres the spammed link:

http://www.GayPoserotica.com

Its just a hobby site, so I am not in this to compete with anyone... just to meet people with similar interests and share info about the beautiful male Poser figures and such.

Greetings from Germany,
Profotograf (German for professional photographer)

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 3:24 PM

Good luck! Hope your site does well. Nice to have a resource for male characters. I do a lot of hetero artwork but almost always end up with hot looking vicky characters but men that look like crap. Thanks for setting this up.

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 3:26 PM

I have been wondering how accepted homoerotic art was around here. I will check out your site (from home). It sounds very interesting. Kristta

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 3:32 PM

Bookmarking the link before this thread gets removed, if past indications are anything to go by...

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

tonymouse ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 3:33 PM

Cool ON my way to check it out! ;) Tony

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 4:08 PM

Looking good. Have a couple pix I might post myself when you're taking submissions. Yes, I'm female and also a "slash" fan -- that's gay/lesbian art & fiction for those who don't know what slash is. Congratulations on your new site!

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 4:34 PM

prof, good to see you got the site up :) bout time we had a good male poser site since GPA went away. Lyrra

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 5:25 PM · edited Fri, 18 June 2004 at 5:33 PM

dang Lyrra..there you go, you mentioned that site...On lord, now this message thread will surely get deleted...LOL

profotograf,
Glad you got a site going...always needing a place for us. There sure isn't much support around here unless your into Vicky or any other number of female figures. OK, I just registered and entered all necessary info. Tried to log in with the password sent to me and I get Incorrect password...what's up?

Message edited on: 06/18/2004 17:33

pookah69 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 5:44 PM

I've not observed any censoring or censure where this topic is concerned. Surprised to hear that others have encountered it.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 5:53 PM

profotograf, Got the login things fix now..it works. pookah69, Not too long ago, whole message threads were deleted by mentioning that site. Am I correct in that Lyrra?

dirk5027 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 5:58 PM

just joined , hope it's a success for you

dirk5027 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 6:02 PM

oh yea you must have missed it big hoopla over a link to GPA quite a while back

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 6:59 PM

yup cherokee and pookah- it has happened

ronstuff ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 7:24 PM

You've got a great start! Good Luck and best wishes!

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 7:50 PM

I think they only delete links if they go to a page that's age-restricted. So in the unlikely event that the site is open to kids or whatever, then technically they wouldn't delete the link. Or they might avoid deleting the link to avoid the controversy like what happened the last time.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 7:50 PM

I think they only delete links if they go to a page that's age-restricted. So in the unlikely event that the site is open to kids or whatever, then technically they wouldn't delete the link. Or they might avoid deleting the link to avoid the controversy like what happened the last time.

Chas ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 8:05 PM

I wish you good luck. My "pretty boys" are all Vicky based (transgendered), but I can see that it certainly fills a void. However, running a forum can become quite expensive due to bandwidth, and I hope you plan early to be able to offset the costs, and make the place a success. Take care; Chas

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 8:56 PM

"Guess I am just open and honest about things..." Absolutely NOTHING wrong with that (and to heck with people who get upset). Good luck!

freyfaxi ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 10:37 PM

Book marked - thanks for the link :)

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 11:04 PM

cherokee Don't look at me man, I didn't do it! most I would do is take down links to adult sites. Removing all posts on the topic? no freaking way. For one thing my exwife would smack me :) hey prof soon as you get the gallery open I've got some pictures for ya :) Lyrra

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 1:11 AM

Great! Going to check out the site now! I've been doing Poser for about four years. I was a member of this site just as it went from Poser Forum to the the name Renderosity. I have compaigned for more MALE anyting since the very beginning! Now I'm on a crusade for the David figure and got getting anywhere. If you check my gallery, I'm into Fetish/Goth/Fantasy art and would LOVE those kind of clothes for the male figures. I LOVE long haired men! I'll be signing in soon! Good luck with this venture! Liz Pope Latexluv/Dreamspinner

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

nightfir ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:16 AM

With all the anti-gay stuff on the news etc, etc. We could all get sent to moon along with this thread if it gets deleted. To the moon Alice! To the Moon! LOL.

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:53 AM

Grr..... the site WILL NOT LOAD - I tried yesterday and again today. No go. What's up? :] Fish

chloe008uk ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 6:08 AM

Oops. Serves me right for skimming. I thought this would be a link to a site concerned with the "Iliad" and "Odyssey" of Homer. Still, glad I had a peek. As someone's already mentioned, it will be good to have a site that is focussing on making the "men" look good. Chloe

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 6:23 AM

Fish, Not sure what's up with it not loading for you..I just came from there it's working fine for me. Lyrra, I know you didn't do it. I know you well enough to know it wasn't you.

OReillyTX ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:17 AM

Great News.Thank you.

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:53 PM

its all good and man a day with no nude V3 boobs lmao thats a 1st i'm happy to see a site like this about time a new one was made hope it dos well :P hugz much

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:16 PM

can't upload pics yet though :(

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:20 PM

and yep those vicky boobs sure get worked out around here, it's getting old and so is she ;)

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:21 PM

I'd like to know when we will be able to post our pics there?

artnik ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:24 PM · edited Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:28 PM

I'm very happy to hear of a source for more male Poser items. I couldn't care less about it being a Gay site. I'm not against people who are doing all those NVIATWAS clones, but boy, is it nice to know there are additional sources for male items around! I can take only so many super- boobs! I happen to be straight, but if you're not, that's fine with me. Makes not a whit of difference. Glad you're aboard.

Message edited on: 06/19/2004 22:28

Riddokun ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 9:10 PM

well also having decent/good males in a render is also useful in making a woman even more beautiful. i think, when ou are making romance pictures and the like, it is better to also have good mens instead of the default crude figures so no matter what, i am glad to get any ressourcs i can in that matter :) and also, if poser women are THAT good, don't they desserve good males with them ? :) thanx for your work

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 10:32 PM

I can take only so many super- boobs! Here here .... so many of the renders are of size large, larger, and exceeds-the-size-of-her-head.

artnik ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 3:26 AM · edited Mon, 21 June 2004 at 3:29 AM

Not to mention watermelon size! UGH! How can they stand up straight with all that topheaviness? Isn't there something about proportions being important in art? To each their own,I guess. I'll take normal over freaky anytime, and believe me, in the real world, boobs that are that large would be considered freaky. Beauty is in the eye...etc.

Message edited on: 06/21/2004 03:29

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.