Sat, Oct 5, 4:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Is DAZ Anna-Marrie Goddards Clone Model that Good?

gtrdon ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 7:41 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 3:21 AM

The advertisement for the DAZ Anna-Marrie Goddards Clone Model ps_dc001 shows a popup window of pictures of the digital clone model. Its hard for me to believe that those pictures popup on the extreme right are not photgraphs of the real person instead of images of the clone. If they are not photographs then that is the best digital clone I have ever seen in my life surely they are photos are't they????

RandC ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 8:13 PM

yes they are photos....a side by side comparison.

gtrdon ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 8:42 PM

Thanks Thats what I thought but I wasn't sure. Usually Daz's pictures of there products do not look as good as the stuff really is.. And I thought WOW man whoever did that one was really talented even if was post work...Maybe someday they will look that good!

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2004 at 9:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.critical-depth.net/modules.php?name=Reviews2

There is a review of the AMG Clone at Critical Depth. I read the review and looked at renders of the clone and the real person. I decided to pass.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 11:08 AM

It's also got tons of usage restrictions, moreso than other Daz models, on account of the "celebrity likeness" issue. Which, aside from cost (Vicky & Mike have me broke!) is why I definitely passed it up.

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 1:43 PM

Actually most of the restrictions were removed by AMG Fairly early on, so the only restriction there is now is that you can't Use Annas Name along with the image for any erotic or commercial use. she is only concerned that people don't assume she is endorsing any Products or actions she disagrees with. I actually like the morphs and textures a lot and tend to use the texture over many of the other V3 textures I have. though I don't even try to recreate anna with them.

gtrdon ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:06 PM

Wow, nakamuram that critical depth site is a great resource.Great Link it just went to my favorites list on my browser. I think at the time of making that was a great model. But the community has evolved and the textures are getting more and more photrealistic in the rendering areas especially using P5 texture modes.. I think DAZ should have stated that those pictures were for comparisons since I was thinking about shelling out all those bucks thinking I was getting the state of the art...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.