Tue, Oct 22, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: poser 6 ture or false

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:00 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:23 AM

is it ture is it false is it comeing ? face room thats works on all daz figs? back to the old poser4 for loading textures? keeping the to render ways? hair that looks real? I need to know i want to know I'm wishing it to be ture!!

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:11 PM

where did you here these things? I doubt very much that they will go back to the old poser 4 texture loading system and making the face room work with all daz figures might not happen but it could in theory.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:51 PM

Ditto Xantor.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:51 PM

is it coming ? True >face room thats works on all daz figs? only if DAZs up comming "big announcement" is that they have kissed and made up with CL and then only maybe >back to the old poser4 for loading textures? Serously doubt it >keeping the two render ways? unknowable >hair that looks real? dynamic hair looks pretty real. granted it takes forever to get to look half way "styled" and rendering requires a supercomputer and a few months wait. but then these are all just my guesses

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

jwhitham ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 6:03 PM

Do we only have a choice of ture or false? What about true or flase? Can I opt for odn't nkow?

John

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 6:21 AM

When the new president of CL fielded questions here he said they were focusing on stability in P6...no new features. But that was before they were bought by another company. Since that's happened, it's anyone's guess.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 7:00 AM

The new company said about poser "what is it? is it some kind of game?" ;)

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:17 PM

There will be a Poser 6. It's highly unlikely the face room will work on figures other than those designed for it because it is mesh dependent. Figures have to be designed to work with it. That's not possible with the Mil folk. The old method for loading textures is never going to return: it simply is not capable of using the sheer number of features possible with Firefly, and has no method for chaining available to it, which is critical for procedural textures. The two renders (p4 renderer) may actually cease to be in P6, but that's still pretty unlikely. The Hair room hair does look real if you learn to use it properly. Hair in any 3D app still has some issues, but it's the skill of the artist involved and how they make use of it that counts. Look at Kozaburo's efforts in non-dynamic hair. The "new President" of CL is the President of E-frontier, which is the company that merged with CL. Note that the two still exist separately -- this is more of a partnership. Since then, there has been no change in ownership (barring something strange happening today) Your questions have all been discussed previously, as well.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:52 PM

The face room could be rewritten to work with the daz figures and I think that penny is a mil girl and the face room works with her, though her neck gets a bit longer ;)

OddDitty ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:03 PM

The face room is based on some licensed elements -- can't be rewritten unless the license is changed or the comapny that makes it improves it. Penny and Will are both completely original figures, like Don and Judy are -- not built on existing ones, they were created completely new. All four (the Lost In Space family Robinson) were comissioned by CL from Cubed, who created the basic meshes and mapped them, then they were shipped off to another company that handled the face room end of things and more.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:17 PM · edited Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:20 PM

Don isn`t a member of the lost in space family robinson.
Don was the guy who was the other pilot on the spaceship (or whatever else he did). His full name is don west, they should have actually called don, john if he was to be one of the robinsons. So now you know, I have too much spare time!

Message edited on: 06/20/2004 15:20

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 8:16 PM

I think Don, Judy, Will, and Penny all share the same head geometry. That is why the face room morphs work on all of them, so it is incorrect that Penny is a millenium figure.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 12:09 AM

I was told in a thread ( maybe at another site ) that will and penny were the millenium kids, maybe it was just a mistake that someone else made.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.