Thu, Sep 19, 9:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:38 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: need an OT forum

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 3:02 PM ยท edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 5:21 AM

Otherwise the OT threads are just going to keep popping up in other forums...

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 3:10 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 June 2004 at 3:12 PM

I hear there is an OT sort of thing going on in the Poser Forum...lots of rules tho that nobody will probably follow..especially if everything posted has to be absolutely nice..and only on certain topics

Message edited on: 06/21/2004 15:12

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

fretshredder ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 4:07 PM

Attached Link: http://forums.garyzullo.com

hehehe..dead horse..beating...anywhoooo want an OT forum go over to my site (as well as others). I speak for mine only, but it's no holds barred :-) link above /gz/

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 4:57 PM

No more OT forum, no more questions such as "where are the WMds" or "With which hand God had written the Bible"......

Stupidity also evolves!

tafkat ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 5:08 PM

It wasn't OT anyway, it was US politics.

AllAmericanBoy ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 5:25 PM

Is there any other?

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 5:30 PM

Gary, thanks for the link to your forum, and good luck dealing with the malcontents. But I think they've moved beyond "kicking a dead horse"; now they're pummelling each other with the old mare's bones.

dork.gif

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 5:35 PM

Attached Link: http://digital-cheryle.com/Offtopic

Here is another one

Stupidity also evolves!

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 5:44 PM

"It wasn't OT anyway, it was US politics." People who didn't participate there continue to mischaracterize the OT Forum and its regular participants. It's amusing when the obssessive OT-haters speak of "hate" and "intolerance" and "immaturity," as they are evidently hell-bent on exhibiting their own. Ah well, human nature and all that. Long live free speech and diversity of opinion. 1) Political discussions occurred in the off topic forum specifically because they'd be inappropriate in the software and other Renderosity forums. The dominance of political topics didn't happen until the months leading up to the current Iraq war. Yes, they were OT, and OT postings are what the forum was there for. 2) Many postings that were not political in nature continued until the forum's deletion. They were interesting and fun. I suspect we'll be hearing back from at least the Poser forum mod (or coord, I can't remember her exact role) who solicited ideas for that forum, since off-topic postings or the possibility of a new form of OT forum were discussed. It'll be interesting to see what happens, if anything.

BDC ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:35 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:37 PM

"People who didn't participate there continue to mischaracterize the OT Forum and its regular participants."

Xo thats exactly right. I could not agree more with what you say in that post. That comment was completely untrue. There were discussions in the o.t. about far more than just U.S. politics.

Message edited on: 06/21/2004 18:37

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 6:40 PM

Thanks, BDC. There were also good people like yourself who could discuss different views without resorting to attacks, either directly or indirectly. :-)

Richabri ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 7:35 PM

I also think Renderosity should once again open up an OT or similar forum. It's plain enough that it's a desirable feature and a real crowd pleaser on every other graphics site.

For all of it's percieved imperfections it was always the most entertaining of any of the forums and forums of this type usually are. Political debate is rarely ever going to be pretty particularly when it's being discussed by the general public. No matter, we are all adults here and have heard it all before anyway so let the endless recapitulation soothe the angry beast. Besides, politics weren't the only issues being discussed and I think a catch all forum serves as a useful utility to express ideas, announcements, etc. that don't belong in the graphics forums.

Although this is indisputably a graphics art site you have a lot of intelligent people here who have opinions on matters other than art and if they can't post them here they will do so elsewhere.

The members end up being denied and Renderosity suffers the loss of attendance. Presently it's a lose - lose situation and I would favor some compromise that would make this doable :)

kbennett ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 9:07 AM

We hear you. But we're NOT going to start name-calling and arguing about it in that fashion in this forum. Thanks, Kevin.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 9:07 AM

tafkat. Posts like yours is why the OT got shut down. I see two personal attacks, the first and only ones in this thread. {note. this is not a personal attack,I'm just pointing out an example of why the OT was shut down.} "You're obviously hell-bent on getting this forum closed down too with your ramblings, so I'll leave you to argue with yourself and anyone else who has time to waste engaging with you." yours is the only agumrntative post here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.