Thu, Sep 19, 10:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: a request to revert back to text-based navigation....

spook ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 1:29 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

this site can not render a web page quickly while others are posting images. unfortunately, by using graphics-based top-navigation - regardless of the weight of the text images - loading of pages is further handicapped by the navigation having to be rendered in turn with gallery images - while those new images are being posted. also, i have noticed that the navigation does not cache; but it reloads each time - further slowing page rendering. please consider reverting back to the text-based navigation.

lundqvist ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:52 AM

I agree. Why use graphics to display plain text links? It's just more calls to the webserver and on an already graphics-heavy page, perhaps not the optimal design choice. :)

Angel Michael ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 4:34 AM

I also have the same complaint. I'm still on dialup waiting to get DSL connected in this area and more graphics to an already graphic heavy site adds to page load times. Please keep text as text and graphics as graphics.

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=1821170

This has already been addressed in this forum. The old links didn't work for the thousands of people using NS4.x, so they decided to slow down the site for everyone else. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

BDC ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 10:35 AM

ummm to the powers that be, I pay for dsl, exactly so my pages will load faster. Thanks for letting us all know we will be slowed down here anyways. Now all of us who have dsl can go back to the cheaper dial up. LOL

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

spook ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 9:30 PM

i think that the responsiveness of the "PTBs" (?) has been less-than-satisfactory. thank you, elizabyte. i've responded to the other thread, as well.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 2:38 AM

Ditto. Please.

Darkginger ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 9:31 AM

Same request here - I'm not expecting DSL to be available here for some years - and it takes an age for the graphical links to load for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.