Fri, Sep 20, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue supports FBX?

satfj ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:17 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:47 AM

Does Vue 4 Pro support Kaydara Fbx files for importing models? http://www.kaydara.com/products/fbx/fbx_brochure.pdf

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:54 AM

Maybe you look into the manual. Interesting concept. Ok, i have seen a lot of these things in the time i am around in the 3D world. All disappeared after a while. Most companies are much too self centered to support really an idea like that. Only their own proprietary format is good enough for their products. If you look on their partners page, http://www.kaydara.com/products/fbx/index.php?filename=partners E-on is not there.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

roadtoad ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 10:39 AM

Well, if you do look at their partners, you can see much more professional solutions to animatory output than a nice and easy scene builder bumped up to work with 'Pro' apps and farm output.
..MB hasn't been around long, but it is solidly placed here in the film industry because it not only has what pros need, it works without oversights in coding that hinder some other apps ;)
When even freeware Wings3D offers an fbx export plugin, I can't/won't comment on why e-on fails to do so with an app they insinuate is professional.

One workabout is to covert MB to Poser motionfiles and export from Poseur into Vue - don't have the link to a tute, but it can be found

satfj ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:00 PM

You're saying export to Poser then from Poser to Vue? Will I retain all materials and maps?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.