Tue, Oct 22, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce Lives!

DAZ3D ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 1:40 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:24 AM

Big News! As you may already know, DAZ is now the proud owner of Bryce, the award-winning 3D landscaping and animation package, formerly owned by Corel! We are very excited to bring Bryce into the DAZ family of quality products. DAZ has extensive development plans for Bryce, including launching new versions for both Macintosh and Windows platforms. DAZ also has plans to develop a pathway to bring existing DAZ 3D content into Bryce seamlessly. Further integration with DAZ|Studio is also scheduled for development.

Working closely with online community members and key Bryce content developers, DAZ will ensure a smooth transition and continued development of the application. In addition, DAZ will assume responsibility for all Bryce customer service, providing full-time technical and sales support, as well as providing an online discussion and technical support forums. For more information, please visit http://bryce.daz3d.com.

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 1:56 PM

Congratulations! May Bryce prove a good investment to all involved.

huskydog ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:13 PM

I'm so happy! I love Bryce! (Have used it since it was Bryce 2.)

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:16 PM

I hope youre not planning on merging DAZstudio and Bryce together into one program, are you?

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Hisminky ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:18 PM

Hallelujah! Smooth move Daz!

Brendan ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:26 PM

Try not to forget about the faithful Brycers working with MACs

derjimi ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:38 PM

You need a tool to support DAZ Studio and you think you found one. Don't destroy Bryce's uniqueness.

Roy G ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:55 PM

I wonder if Bryce models will be importable into DAZstudio?

cuddlejacket ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:55 PM

Do a little dance, make a little art,have fun tonight. Happier than the proverbial pig. Yay DAZ. No where is that wish list!!!!!!

bigbadelf ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:58 PM

Woohoo!! Thanks for making the jump! May it be profitable and satisfying for you. Please don't take away the product the current users love so much and make it into something that's Poser- or DAZ Studio-specific. There are many of us that don't use it with your other products and don't necessarily want to. Thanks, again.

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:02 PM

hurray!! Congratulations, DAZ! Congratulations, fellow Brycers! This is great news, and I think the best that could have happened to Bryce. I must admit that I didn't have much hope that Corel Would let Bryce go, looking back on their track records - killing good software! Now, I can't wait to see what comes out for Bryce 6! :) Hopefully we'll see some form of merger with DAZ studio. I think that would be excellent!

Wombat ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:42 PM

Very good news. I hope DAZ3D will work with the good Betatesterteam from Bryce 5 and the elected ones from the Bryce 6 prebeta. I remember a good work we've done together. It was a great time. I hope DAZ3D also has the complete diskussion of new features we had that time. There are extreme cool ideas. Greetings Thomas ...where is the champagner bottle?

derjimi ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:44 PM

Don't be happy to early. Bryce 6 can be turned into a DAZ-Studio2. Don't forget what DAZ main goal is - sell Poser models. J.

krimpr ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:46 PM

I'm glad that Bryce has a promising future. Best wishes for all those involved :)

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 4:08 PM

"Don't forget what DAZ main goal is - sell Poser models." Actually, it's more likely that the acquisition of Bryce is related to a process of excluding the need for Poser at all. You should be thinking in terms of DAZ content. Poser is a competing product for DAZ.

vasquez ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 4:29 PM

well I happy that Bryce will be developed, I give all my trust to DAZ, I hope they'll do a great work! Bryce is unique and has to remain so... *** do some of you guys still remember the terrible joke Brycetech did 2 1-april ago? my ass is still crying.... LOL *** LONG LIVE BRYCE! LONG LIVE THE BRYCE FORUM!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:18 PM

If you want certain thing about Bryce to stay as is or if you want DAZ to know what you'd like to see in their new Bryce, they have a forum entitled Bryce wish list where you can tell them what you want for Bryce. I've already read all the forums over there concerning this and I'm quite delighted about DAZ getting hold of Bryce and have told them of some of the things I'd like to see in Bryce 6. This is an important investment for them and they want to know what we want as the reason they went after Bryce was because of the poll they had on what other app most folks used and guess which app was No 1, that's right Bryce. I don't think they want to hurt our baby, I mean that would loose them a lot of potential customers so I'm going on the optimistic side and have a good feeling for Bryce's future. 8D Catlin

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:20 PM

Oh I forgot to say BryceTech is a mod at the DAZ Bryce Talk forum. I think he is happy that Bryce will now move into the 21st century. 8) Catlin

alvinylaya ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:30 PM

DAZ you won't regret it! You got customers here already. Yipeeee!!!

Allen9 ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:13 PM

Bravo! Excellent news. Those of us who were facing the possible end of Bryce with dread thank DAZ profoundly.

BecSchm ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:22 PM

"Don't forget what DAZ main goal is - sell Poser models." -- over the last several months, DAZ has already been offering a lot more models of buildings, vehicles, etc. that you might tend to use more with a program like Bryce than with Poser. I hope they will continue that trend. I hope the DAZ/Bryce marriage is a happy one, 'cause Poser and Bryce are the only two graphics programs I regularly use.

imagynart ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:31 PM

Praise the Divine Providence! Praise DAZ! Praise! Praise! I look forward to Bryce 6! Good riddance to Corel! Rob

Swade ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:38 PM

I am just happy as a lark about this move. 8)

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

BecSchm ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:47 PM

Attached Link: http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2332

Plug-in for Poser content into Bryce just announced at DAZ

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:51 PM

YES!!! How long has it been without an update to Bryce or better yet a new version. I had almost moved on to another program!!! I love Bryce I hope that any changes are for the better!!! Speed that engine up, enhance some rendering features make it more compatible with import models, and add modeling features and I am ready to by another version!

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 8:09 PM

;) I rushed over to DAZ and downloaded the last DAZstudio upgrade (I hadn't checked for a while) and lo and behold there is a bryce - export feature there... My first export is rendering in Bryce as we speak.... yay! Oh... and I think that we all will benefit from a mixture of DAZ studio and Bryce.... I just hope that they'll keep the Bryce interface. I like that a LOT better than DAZ studio. (talk about Poser competition! lol Now; for your techies out there. If this mail goes through, it's a first. I am posting on a puter outside our LAN... we have a new HW firewall; and I'm experiencing some weird problems. Posting here is one... it just sits there and never goes through. And then it finally times out. The same is happening on Yahoo lists and other message boards. Any ideas???

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 8:58 PM

Hi britt! Just to let you know your posts still arent going through... just kidding. So the daz studio exports it to a bryce file? Cool! As far as your network problem goes, you may want to check and see if your netbios name port is blocked. I've seen that create problems before.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 9:22 PM

Two thumbs up and a "Heyyy!!!" - TJ

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 1:28 AM

Well, it's been a LONG haul on all our patience and nerves wondering, theorizing, and hoping for the one day continuation of our Bryce! DAZ has given all Bryce users and lovers that hope back that we will see the ongoing progression of our underdog program. Already they have given us "Turbo Import", already striking a serious blow to one of the weaker links in Bryce's program. I cannot wait to see the future. ;o) THANK YOU DAZ!!! AgentSmith Bryce Mod

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 4:03 AM

All in all good news I hope, please keep Bryce's character though, as many others here, I've been a user since version 2..... Please take a good look through the discussions over at bryce for mac, there's been a lot of talk there about what Bryce users would like to see.....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:44 AM

Thank you, Muddy. I'll look into that, and report back to mothership! l

JackStr8 ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 7:03 AM

You mean to tell me that when I send Dirty Harry to Daz and he told them to go ahead and make my day (not his day) they listened?!?!?!?! I was hoping against all hope that this program would go on and evolve. Someone let me know where to post to a wish list. The first one will be an improvement in the tree lab (gotta wait in line for that one, right...? :) I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 7:29 AM

Daz has a a new Bryce area in their forums, it's worth signing up just to speak your mind. From what I hear they really do want to know what you want. Yet, as of right now, I can't get their forum pages to come up. ;o( Hopefully, just maintainence. Either that or someone told them I was coming with my own list.... AgentSmith

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 8:27 AM

Thank you DAZ!!! Can't wait to get my hands on the plug-in.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

RedMagickMage ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 10:13 AM

I'm happy and all, but I see DAZ turning this into a wallet-emptying-buy-several-things-for-it-to-work program - just like Victoria 3, Michael 3, David... I have a bad feeling about this, but am very curious as to what DAZ has in store for Bryce 6.

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 10:27 AM

I would assume that when the next drop of bryce appears it'll have pz3 import to save using Daz Studio, it's not like studio is a saleable product.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 11:41 AM

..testing...testing... 1-2-3

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 11:43 AM

yeah...your mic is on.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 3:23 PM

Happy happy joy joy (dance dance, hop skip jump)!! Ricky (who has no time to Bryce right now, but is celebrating all the same)

Could be worse, could be raining.

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:13 PM

test

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 9:59 PM

Lol...the 7th time is the charm. AS

kaom ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 1:57 AM

This is not going to be good for Bryce...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 2:19 AM

Good or bad, there will be a Bryce 6. So, at least that part is good. ;o) AS

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 9:25 AM

It is too early in the day to say whether what DAZ will do with Bryce will be good or bad, but I think the right thing to do is wait and put forward our suggestions for what we'd like to see, otherwise we could end up with a Bryce we don't recognise. I do believe that DAZ will listen to what the users have to say because we know the program better than they do and know what all the bugs are and I do not believe they want to loose us as customers. 8) Catlin

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 9:42 AM

As it looks right now, theyve already lost one! That forum has already been taken over by the Poser community. But best of luck with getting your voices heard though.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 9:51 AM

Dang, Rudy, lol. I don't know, I haven't went through that whole Bryce area they have in the forums. I basically only looked through the Bryce Wishlist, which is almost all directly Bryce related. Especially the two large-ish posts I made. :o) AS

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 10:48 AM

I've seen the posts you are talking about Rochr and I think their problem is that they don't know you or your work, which is a shame 'cos if they did they might have a little more respect for what you have to say. The reason there are so many Poser users there is because it has been, till now, a Poser site, but wasn't R'osity like that at one time too? So I think time will tell and we cannot afford to loose input from folk like yourself Rochr, your input on what DAZ should do with Bryce is most valuable. Since the big boys from DAZ have been writing to you why don't you deal with them directly, tell them what you want for Bryce and what you will not tolerate, if you did that they may just have to listen, they obviously respect you otherwise they wouldn't be contacting you directly. Anyway I hope you don't give up on Bryce 6,7......etc, 'cos our Bryce world would be a much darker place without your knowledge. 8) Catlin

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 10:56 AM

Ditto, dude. AS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.