Wed, Oct 2, 1:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: OT: England v Portugal

Phate_ ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 11:24 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 1:26 AM

Great match, shame about Rooney going out so early. England didnt play too well but they were playing against Portugal and the ref. so you cant blame them. I dont blame Beckham for the penalty miss, he should have been allowed to retake it as it was obvious that the spot was crap. Campbell's goal should NOT have been disallowed, Ricardo jumped into Terry, not the other way around, even the linesman said it was a goal. And now the real reason for this post, http://www.ursmeier.ch/referee Tell him what you think of his refereeing ; )

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 11:43 AM · edited Fri, 25 June 2004 at 11:44 AM

Portugal played far better than our lads and if that was the deciding factor they would have won anyhow. But when the chips were down, England did the job and scored an amazing winning goal in the last minute.

But...

That fecking referee! I wouldn't go so far as to call the gent a gormless twat or a blind fuckwit but what the hell was he on last night? Disallowing Campbell's goal for "pushing"? Yeshueh on a BMX!

All credit to them, they played a blinder in extra time. The penalties were always gonna be our weakness, especially with our questionable keeper. Sorry, but he is.

Good luck to Portugal, anyhow. Seriously, I hope they win the tournament.

Message edited on: 06/25/2004 11:44

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 12:31 PM

Incredible... first time that I see talk about football at Rosity I hate football (or soccer as americans says), and more later of live two years near Real Madrids Santiago Bernabeum Stadium...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 12:32 PM

It was a third rate team who don`t speak english very well who were beaten by portugal ;)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 12:50 PM

I hate football, so does my partner, but even he watched the game last night. I just went to bed early. lol 8)

chloe008uk ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 1:22 PM

I just saw this on the news. www.ursmeier.ch is that Portuguese Ref's own website. Feel free to pay him a visit and tell him what you think of him. Chloe

bigtim ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 1:52 PM

I knew Becks would fire it over the bar!! The hunt for scapegoats was underway before the match was finished. You were never going to win it anyway. There's also Tim Henman...

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 3:58 PM

I have no fingernails left....

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 4:36 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Woo hoo! And Greece is in. I'd like to see Greece vs Portugal in the finals - heh, they started it, they should finish it :) And for some other trivia info - Lisbon means the "city of Ulysses" supposedly founded by the Greek king of Ithaca so it's fate I tell ya!

Phate_ ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 5:30 PM

saxon, me neither It made my day seeing the frogs get knocked out

mersa ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 6:31 PM

singing england lost. beckham missed. england lost. it was a wonderful match!!! the ref was NOT that bad!! Danke Urs!!

Phate_ ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 8:09 PM

the ref was shite, all through the match he was giving away stupid free kicks.

steerpike ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 2:38 AM

file_114056.jpg

The ref. was a plonker for most of the match, but unfortunately he was right on the disallowed goal - he blew for another infringement a second or so before Campbell scored. If you watch the incident again, you'll hear it.

Anyway; here's some light relief...

Sambucus ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 3:18 AM

file_114057.jpg

Found this. Sums it up.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 4:31 AM

Ursmeier, what a truly great man, truth is England didn't deserve to win with their negative and dull defensive display. They were crap and if they won the tournament with that sort of football it would have been bad for football in general. Face it guys, you're just not good enough! :)

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Phate_ ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 7:31 AM

fixer, where are you from?

bigtim ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 8:05 AM

I must confess - we didn't even qualify!! : (

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 9:56 AM

LOL @ sambucus. The ref was clearly a total and utter... ah, there is no epithet strong enough! And the really bad news... now that England are out, I have to stick to my rash resolution of restarting my diet now beer-and-football have destroyed my waistline again!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

bigtim ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:04 AM

Coming soon, a new character for the P4 Dork... Urs Meier, the evil referee! Just a thought.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:22 AM

Hey Phate, just across the border so you see I'm a bit biased :0 The post was tongue in cheek to some extent, but you have to admit they were too defensive against France and Portugal and both times it cost them the game. To be fair England looked good going forward and your defenders played well namely Cole and Neville but you just can't play that far back for that amount of time and expect to win! I just can't wait for the World cup qualifiers when we'll put you out in Cardiff :)

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 1:50 PM

Blaming the ref for losing a match is common practice. England played like crap and was justly beaten. You cannot win by just cluttering in front of the goals and hoping that no one gets through. As for France, well, their defeat was just as much deserved. You cannot win a match by never shooting at the goals, can you. So far, tonight, Nederlands : 0, Sweden : 0

Sambucus ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 2:36 PM

Hate to admit it but the fixer has summed up the match perfectly. He`s just wrong about the world Cup. LOL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.