Thu, Sep 19, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Need help wit conforming tight-fitting clothing

darkobserver ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 3:24 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:45 AM

Hello all

Trying to conform Insomnia Works' pantyhose or Billy T's dynamic stockings to Vicky 3. Every time I try the shins or the feet are not covered by the chosen texture in some places.

I know about the rule "First pose, then dress" of course but that's what I'm doing. I first select V3, change her body height to "fashion model", then pose her, then select the PH figure, change its body height to measure that of V3, select the intended pre-defined MAT-pose for it and then I choose "conform to" figure1.

I tried the same with the "ideal adult" body height (which appears to be the default) and it seems to work with that. But aren't these garments meant to fit every body type??

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hints

D. O.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 3:40 AM

well, I can't speak for IW's work in this case, but with Billy-T's stuff, it says right in the read me to hide the feet and shins. To do that, select the body part and go to the properties tab and uncheck the "visible" box. In P4, do it in the hierarchy window by clicking on the little eye shaped icon beside the body part name.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 3:40 AM

um, for clarity, that's V3's body parts, not the stockings.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 3:42 AM · edited Fri, 25 June 2004 at 3:43 AM

oh "shoot".

I didn't read adequately, either

DAZ figures are not (and haven't ever been) compatible with the Poser "figure heights" changes. They simply weren't designed to work with it. Vicy, in any form, only works under "ideal adult" -- the default. Those settings only apply to the figure that come with Poser itself.

Message edited on: 06/25/2004 03:43

darkobserver ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 4:08 AM · edited Fri, 25 June 2004 at 4:11 AM

Ynsaen, thank you very much.

Um..but that leaves me with a new question: How do people like Bluebeard and others then manage to have this very tall, slender V3 with perfectly fitted stockings? Is there another way to change the built of Vicki? "body height" seemed obvious to me, but I guess I need a so-called "full-body morph", or something? I'm sorry if this is all very basic stuff, I'm just a beginner :-) Oh, and using P5 btw.

Message edited on: 06/25/2004 04:11

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 4:29 AM

careful scaling of the figure's parameters dials and the use of "magnets", which are a modifer present in Poser to change the shape. They also sometimes adjust the joint settings, but I don't think you'll go there often lol It just takes time and patience to tweak all those little settings. I've changed the title of my post here, hopefully it will get you the most accurate info possible ;)

darkobserver ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 5:08 AM · edited Fri, 25 June 2004 at 5:09 AM

Thanks again. I could ask BB himself by e-mail of course, but I thought this issue too trivial to bother him about it.

If anyone else has further tips I'll be grateful. Otherwise I'll just go back tweaking until it works, as you said.

Btw: I thought at first, your name was Asian, but it's a wordplay on "insane", right?

Message edited on: 06/25/2004 05:09

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 5:42 AM

lol -- yes -- in full it's "yclept ynsaen". Called crazy, in other words. Mostly because insane was my nickname as a kid. sorta stuck.

darkobserver ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 7:11 AM

Btw: I checked the README for Billy-T's V3 dyn. lingerie again...It doesn't say anything about "hiding the shins". So at least I did RTFM correctly!

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 7:19 AM

yeah -- sorry. I really wasn't saying rtfm. Honest! I hate that! Like I said, I hadn't read it clearly (was going to fast) or adequately. If I had the first or second time I would have caught the figure height thing sooner. And also that it was the dynamic stockings, not his older ones. sigh. It was my bad, totally.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 8:21 AM

Another thing, why not use a displacement map for thight fitting clothes?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 8:26 AM

got a good one handy?

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 10:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/photos/GAL_200304/GalleryImage391058.jpg

Even a bump map will do; just draw the clothing areas on the figure template. Here's an example; the boots are the only conforming item. Otherwise, using a deformer pack like the Voluptuous Vicky pack can be used to deform the clothing as you reshape the body.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 10:53 AM

ynsaen how did you get the nickname insane? Did you talk to yourself a lot? ;)

BlueBeard ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 1:03 PM

For Stockings, I paint them on the texture. One of my projects with lululee was to paint stockings on her Lacey character, see the marketplace. Phantast was right on, the easiest ways are: 1) Paint the stockings on the body texture, and if you want closeup realism, use bumpmaps. 2) use wyrmmaster VV or VG, just tone down some of the magnets to your settings. 3) Scale the shin to 120%, i.e. the yscale, and set the stocking shin to match. (This depends upon how the stocking was modeled, and if the groups match the model!) That is what I do in that order.

BlueBeard ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 1:04 PM

The shoes will sometimes work and sometimes not. The best shoes I have found for tall Vicki's is Jim Burton's heels from the sweater and skirt set at DAZ. This set conforms to the foot, and not the distance from the hip!

nomuse ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 2:13 PM

Wait....are you saying it makes more sense to write a boot that has only shin and foot parts, and not the actors all the way to the hip (like bloodsong suggests)?

darkobserver ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 2:36 PM

Thanks everyone for their additional input (especially BlueBeard) Being a rookie, I understand only half of your explanations (eg. how exactly do you "paint" on a texture? or what is wyrmmaster VV?) but I will proceed as I do with all the computer stuff in my life: by trial and error and web searching, reading.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.