Fri, Sep 20, 7:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Drowning in SARAs!?

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:37 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:43 AM

I downloaded Daz' Sara a few weeks ago via a thread in the forum there. There was lots of talk about the changes in Sara's figures and they were right too because the preview was beautiful and the downloaded Sara is almost ugly. Anyway, right now I am looking in the freestuff section here for things for Sara and I'm completely lost! There are things for Sara (Daz), Sara (3dUniverse) and I just stumbled upon a website where they offer a set of textures for Sara Daz and there is a note saying the "Sara model has changed again (06/04)" Can someone help me sorting through all these SARAs so I get the stuff that apply to my version of Sara please? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:06 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/default.asp

Sara was created by DarkWhisper of 3dUniverse, so she is one and the same Sara (well, one and the same 2 Saras, since Daz changed her unannounced). A link to his website: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/default.asp Textures work on both versions of Sara, but the new Sara's face doesn't *quite* line up with the old Sara's textures.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:13 AM

DAZ didn't change her, that was Dark_Whisper. The reasons why and when he did it are all explained in his interview over at Planit3D.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:15 AM

Nice of Daz to post it then, eh?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:20 AM

file_114147.jpg

There's a new Sara? This is the one I've got, the original one. Where can I get the new one? And why?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.mg3dart.com/download.htm

I really don't know. Here is what it says on the website I was talking about: "Body and head texture with five make up textures in easy to apply MT pose files. IMPORTAINT: These textures were made to work on the 1st and 2nd download of Sara at DAZ. The Sara model has changed again (06/04) and these textures have an issue around the eye sockets." The URL attached is for that website if you want to go there: MG3dArt. If you know who owns this website, we might contact him/her to learn where the info comes from re: the third change. Is there a place we can download Sara without going to the Daz Forum where I downloaded her? Maybe if I could download her from somewhere else, the version will be better indicated. At DAZ, they had the first version announced in the forum and when they changed the model, they replaced the download file but not the preview. So it's hard to know which version we download from there. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:34 AM

ernyoka1 - yaou can download the new Sara at the same link you got the old one. Why? Who knows? I guess the interview says it all (or not, as the case may be). Fwiw, the new one is total pants, IMO. But what do I know?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:38 AM

What does "total pants" mean? ;o) And I guess you're referring to the second Sara (the one I have) but the note I copied here seems to imply there is a third Sara now. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

mondoxjake ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 12:20 PM

There are actually 3 versions floating around... all unannounced releases at the DAZ forum d/l site: 1. The original Sara by Dark Whisper; 2. First SR fix for the finger joint problem; 3. The current release to prevent her looking so much like the soon to be released THE G.I.R.L.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 12:24 PM

Hmm It sound like I don't want to download the new one if it's worse than the old one :o/ Not that I've used her much anyway. Got her - and Alexa, then found out they were really not my "cup of tea". And should I choose one of them, it would be Alexa. I don't plan on buying the G.I.R.L. either. (heh but plans can be changed, I know)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 12:32 PM

Well I think it isn't fair for newer users not to be able to have the first version of Sara. Her face was lovely then, not it is, like I said, almost ugly. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 12:36 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1204&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=396

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1204&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=396 There's a whole thread about this at DAZ. I linked to the page where it starts (page 23) the discussion about the "changed" Sara. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 12:43 PM

Yes, that's where I got Sara. And it is to that topic I was referring when I said that people were right, it was very disappointing to download Sara after looking at the preview image and find out that someone had turned a princess into a toad! France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 1:00 PM

And it is to that topic I was referring when I said that people were right, it was very disappointing to download Sara after looking at the preview image and find out that someone had turned a princess into a toad! I agree, and yes, now I see what you were saying. :-) It's late here, I'm a little on the tired side... Oh, well, the link to the thread will hopefully be helpful for some other poor soul who gets confused about the abundance of Saras... bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 2:12 PM

the latest version of sara (with the new face) has the same mesh from the neck down. So it can take Sara1 bodymorphs just fine. So if you use Morphmanager you can apply my free Simon bodymorphs and it will work, but not the head. And frankly, though I don't like toon figures, the new one is NOT an improvement :P

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 3:21 PM

Oh crackers. I heard about a new Sara but haven't gotten her. By any chance is the finger fix for the original Sara still available? I never did find where the link for it was.

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 4:23 PM

I wouldn't bother hunting for the new Sara if you have the original. They are the same figure only in name. I don't have the finger fix so it must have disappeared at the same time as the first Sara. Probably fixed in second Sara. What I have is +Sara Donor.cr2 but ask me if I remember what it is for! (I hope it is written in the readme file) loll So I guess if you download Sara 2, you can probably transform the finger to a morph target and use it on Sara1 since the body is the same apparently. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 4:56 PM

The finger issue was a Joint Parameter one, so it's probably not transferable per se.. (I haven't got that fix myself) I'm still not sure I want to download the new version :o/

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 5:06 PM

ernyoka, I am soooooo disappointed by your answer... I thought at last I understood those morph targets! lolll France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 5:17 PM

Aww... LOL

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 6:12 PM

"What does "total pants" mean? ;o)" "Total pants" means it's shite, ie, not very good. :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 6:15 PM

Thanks SamTherapy, you're improving my English vocabulary today! lol But whatever way you say it, I agree! In French, I'd say " vaut pas cher la livre" (liberal translation: "It's not worth much for one pound") France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 6:21 PM

I downloaded Sara a second time for the finger fix in March - that was still the first version and the finger thingy was corrected then.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 6:28 PM

So does that mean YOU could create a morph target for version1 of version1 of Sara so that people who own v1 of v1 of Sara could get her finger fixed? I have a feeling this is strike 2 for me! loll France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 7:58 PM

Release 1: Sara problem with finger. Release 2: Sara finger fixed. You can do this manually to fix the finger problem, DW posted how in the Sara thread at Daz forum). Release 3: Sara with new head, old body, same file name. The finger fix was done, again no notification about the file Daz hosts being updated at the time. DW posted how Sara could be fixed manually in Poser. There are 3 versions of the file out there, all the same name. So unless you have really watched, and read and renamed the Sara files at the time, well, hard to sort out. I put a text file in my Release1 Sara installer folder with the finger fix. Called my Sara Release3 file Sara2_newhead.exe so I wouldn't overwrite. DarkWhisper finger fix for Sara Release1: "OK - this seems to be a problem after I sent Sara to Daz. The version I downloaded is broken, and mine is fine. I'll get onto Daz asap to get this fixed, but for now you can fix it easily enough: - Select Sara - Click "Figure->Symmetry->Left Arm to Right" from the menu. Answer "Yes" to the popup box. - Save Sara back to the figure library" Daz will not help with Sara cause they have The Girl Coming out. DarkWhisper has abandonded Sara because Daz owns her, and he has moved on.

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 8:19 PM

When I saw Sara preview in Daz forum, I found her beautiful! Then I downloaded her and she didn't even resemble the preview image. After that, I went on to read ALL the posts in that topic at DAZ to try to understand what had happened to the girl in the image. I don't remember the date they first offered Sara in that forum, but there are posts in there that were sent this week! Can someone give me one (only 1 and I would be satisfied) good reason why they haven't changed the preview image there? Can someone tell me why they didn't cancel Sara and call the v3 by another name since they are not even "sisters"? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 8:43 PM

Simply put, Daz doesn't care about Sara. When The Girl is released, nobody is going to care about Sara, only the people who want a free model, and people that want free aren't spending money, so who cares. I understand the issue. watched all this unfold, and tracked it so my file was updated and latest version, and truefully for a free model Sara is nice, but she needed improving, and Dark Whisper choose to take those improvements and learned knowlege and put it into Staci model. Sara is owned by Daz as an 'original' and with Daz's The Girl coming out, Sara isn't even on their minds I bet. 6 months from now nobody will be talking about sara, and the model will fade into obscurity, I'm sure Daz wishes this were sooner rather than later. All very unfortunate.

iamonk ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 9:48 PM

file_114148.jpg

Here's a side by side with Sarah's real texture. On the left is the original(I never got the one with the hand fix) On the right the one I DL'd recently after I found there was another version.

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 9:57 PM

Machine Claw: "Simply put, Daz doesn't care about Sara. When The Girl is released, nobody is going to care about Sara, only the people who want a free model, and people that want free aren't spending money, so who cares." Maybe Daz should care about its customers. And it should also remember that even if we want free models, we will likely put our money on putting clothes on these models and buying friends for these models, and so on. Just to give you an idea (and I KNOW you were talking from DAZ point of view, not yours), I bought Poser a little over 2 months ago. I always look for free models. I've spent almost 1000$ since then on clothing and stuff for my free models plus about 500$ on not so free models and their accessories. Anyway, I know this is not the place to judge Daz and its actions so I thank you all for your replies. With all that info, I now know what I can and cannot use with the Sara I have and that is why I asked the question in the first place. ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

iamonk ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:00 PM

file_114149.jpg

The latter seems to have a nicer mesh, and the morphs dials are arranged neatly. The ear handles are no longer, and one has been added to control eye movement. Here's a shot of the meshes. I personally like them both, the looks of the first, the refinement of the latest. That is just my opinion. I've been considering creating a morph for the second to make her look more like the first. Just for shits and giggles.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:13 PM

iamonk -- if you do, let me know. I likely will not download the new sara until that time. And I prefer Alexa overall.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

iamonk ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:30 PM

Not a problem.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:37 PM

WOW had not seen a side by side of the heads til now, thanks for that. The wire frame sure shows differences don't it. Well least one positive. if you do try and create a 'original' head morph for Sara newest there are plenty more polys to move around. damn that's pretty dence ears too. wow.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:39 PM

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:39 PM

rodzilla ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:58 PM

yup i don't like the "new" sara much...she's better in function but looks nowhere near as good... if anyone remembers my "detooned sara" project to be called "katie",[i posted a few shots of her here].it was nearly finished and then abandoned due to the new mesh.i can't make this new one look good and i couldn't see the point in releasing a mod for a figure you couldn't get anymore and causing all sorts of confusion...a lot of work is still sitting unused on my HDD while i await the enthusiasm to reinstall the old file and use her in my own projects...IMO the original mesh should have been regrouped and given the fixes,and it did need some,but it should have been retained

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 12:15 AM

Bookmarked

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 12:34 AM

If you ever make such a morph, let us know, will you? I for one would love to have it! ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

libernull ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:51 AM

For what it is worth - there is a small group of people who still love Sara v1 & v1.5. Pbnj at Poser Pros is cranking out morphs for her head, and releasing them as character sets as well. (http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=213025#213025) I am working on clothing for her (that can be used on Sara v2 also (the one currently downloadable)) along with textures. Sara v1 & v1.5 (original and SR1 finger fix) are not dead and will continue to be used by a few people. And since she's gotten so little support, but has a die-hard core of cult followers - it would be awesome if people have things done for her to release them anyway. I can assure you there are people who would be very grateful. :)

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 2:54 AM

"And since she's gotten so little support, but has a die-hard core of cult followers - it would be awesome if people have things done for her to release them anyway. I can assure you there are people who would be very grateful. :) " I agree!! I am sticking with the old Sara and would still be very interested in textures, clothes, etc. for her. Thanks, libernull, for bringing that up! Kimberly

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 9:23 AM

libernull, I would be most grateful as well for articles of clothing for our precious Sara1. Since I use my Sara as a Fae in my work, would it be very difficult for you to make her some 'fairy-type' clothing? I see so much of this type of clothing for other characters (V1-3,MilGirls..etc)that it would be really neat if Sara could have her own Fae Clothing line. smile Thanks one and all for having this thread going. We sure need to stick together and make the 'old' Sara cutie new again. grin

Riddokun ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 7:16 PM

. bookmark i had the opportunity to downlaod the first free version, but so far did not find time to use it at all; i will change for sure, and i shoudl try to hurry to gatehr back all free bies and textures for her before the new compatible versions sends the old materials/addons to oblivion :(

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 7:19 PM

Agreed, Riddokun!

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 7:34 PM

Just want to make sure I understand correctly about stuff for Sara... The body is the same and clothing for Sara 1 should fit Sara latest version and vice versa. Is that right? I downloaded all I could for sara, even if I have only the latest version (still hoping someone will be able to create morphs to embellish her a little) and I intend working on textures for the clothing I have for her so she has a wide variety of clothes to wear. But I'd like to be sure the clothing we find for Sara fits both versions. Please confirm? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

iamonk ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 7:55 PM

From what I see only the head and neck have been changed. I'm not sure about the joints, but I see no reason for them to have been changed, except to improve something. The clothing should fit both fine.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 8:06 PM

Thanks. Another question (I should have asked at the same time but I'm getting old...) Is it worth it for me to offer eventual clothing textures I create for Sara? If not, I'll make them for me and won't bother uploading them. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 8:16 PM

Well, Francemi, that is something that only you can decide based on all the previous posts here. Creating stuff for others to use is always a gamble, isn't it? Perhaps just doing up one or two simple sets to see how they fly(so to speak)before doing up any others. Hope this answer helps some.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 8:43 PM

Yes, I know, Ardiva, but from the posts here, I gather people would love to have new stuff created for Sara (all versions of sara and myself included) but I was wondering about textures only as that is all I can do ;o) Note: I downloaded Wings3d and opened it yesterday... don't hold your breath for any figure made by me in the near future! lolll Anyway, you're right and that's what I'll do. When I create a first set of texture, I'll upload it and if there is a demand for it, then I'll create more. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 9:01 PM

Glad I could help, Francemi. :) Looking forward to the textures. If you ever need a tester...please don't hesitate to IM me, alright?

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 9:16 PM

Thanks Ardiva, I will. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

libernull ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 3:27 AM · edited Mon, 28 June 2004 at 3:28 AM

There will most likely never be a large demand for anything done for Sara. Sad but true. However, as I've said, there are people out there who love Sara and it is us who appreciate anything and everything made for her. Textures, morphs, clothes, whatever. Don't expect to get rich making Sara stuff - however, if making a few die-hards esctatic brings a smile to your face, then share share share :D

Message edited on: 06/28/2004 03:28

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.