Sat, Oct 5, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: OT - but could be used as a subject for an image. Maybe. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 8:17 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:30 AM

Do you have any famous/notorious ancestors or current family members? I have two that I can call to mind at the moment - there's the late Cesar Romero, who played The Joker in the Batman TV show. He was my Great Uncle. Never met the gent, sadly. Then there was Cap'n Bellamy, a notorious, bloody pirate off the coast of New England. Shiver me timbers! I'm thinking of an image of a pirate with green hair and a purple suit. Yeah, it could work. :) So, what about you lot?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

iamonk ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:10 PM

I was told once by my grandmother that there was a possibility that Hugh Heffner was possibly a cousin of hers. Probably nothing to it, but I sometimes wonder what family reunions would be like.

xenic101 ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:15 PM

I'm pretty much a direct decendant of possibly the most read author of all time. Noah. Also, related to the originator of the human race, on my mom's side. :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 10:42 PM

A cousin of mine was personally responsible for half the legends concerning Mount Pilatus.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:16 PM

Well, if you're all just gonna take the piss, I give up. :P ;)

My Store

My Gallery

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:34 PM

OK, hows this. My 7th great grandma is Pokahontus(SP?) True though I can't spell worth a damn. My Grandfather, my dads dad, survived the Titanic. How about Poka floating around on the wreckage of some ship? Just a thought.

xenic101 ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:47 PM

Sorry, There's about a dozen towns/cites in this country that were named for or by various ancestors of mine. No one I know of really did anything they got famous for. They just quietly settled the country.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2004 at 11:52 PM

"Sorry, There's about a dozen towns/cites in this country that were named for or by various ancestors of mine. No one I know of really did anything they got famous for. They just quietly settled the country." Which country?

My Store

My Gallery

beos53 ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 12:20 AM

That is a good Idea, making a scene about an ancestor. beryld...I guess we are related (long distance), Pocahontas is also a great,great...grandmother of mine also. Along with a gentalman named George Eskridge...He raised Mary Bell until she married a neighbor, then Mary had a son and her son was christened George after my 6th Great Grandfater, Mary Bells' son is the guy on the one dollar bill. I have searched my ancestory for well over 35 years and some of the people you find are very interesting and then there are some you just don't want to talk about. but that is a good Idea, a scene about your ancestors

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:01 AM

On my Mom's side, I have a great-uncle who was a Baron in Sicily.

Also my Mom's great-great grandfather had to flee France because he killed a man. We never got the true story. Some say he was playing cards and shot a man, others say he was doing some work for a general who did not like the way he shoed his horse. They got into a heated argument, and he killed the general. Other family members say it was our great-great Grandmother who picked up an iron poker and hit the general over the head with it and this killed him.

My Dad's side was pretty boring...just run of the mill, good people from Pescara, Italy.

My nephew, Christopher Ruth, was a contestant on Jeopardy and Who Wants to be Millionaire.
He did very well in both game shows. He is living in Japan now with his wife, who was on the Japanese version of Who Wants to be Millionaire herself!

Another nephew of mine, the brother of Chris, is a small bit actor in Hollywood. His name is Tom Ruth and he had very small parts in "Quiz Show" and "Godzilla" {{ Hey, he even met Viggo Mortensen prior to LOTR }}

My husband(who was born and raised on the Cheyenne River Sioux rez) has a few interesting people in his background. He is distant cousin of Rain-In-The-Face and his Great-grandmother was a survivor of the Wounded Knee massacre in 1890.

Not sure what type of image I could come up with but it would be fascinating.

Warm Regards,

Nancy

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

RedHawk ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 6:55 AM

I am directly descended from U.S. presidents John Q. (and of course John) Adams. Wife's family descends from the Nez Perce's Chief Joseph.

<-insert words of wisdom here->

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 8:37 AM

One of my great-(great?-great??)-uncles was a policeman in Fall Rivers, Mass. for the Lizzie Borden case. IIRC a lot of the cops were at a police picnic/function that day...

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 9:20 AM

My mother was a direct decendant of Ulysees Grant.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 10:06 AM

My great-great-great(several more greats) grandmother was Hannah Dustin, well known in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Also a distant cousin is Barbara Bush. Ralph Waldo Emerson is also on our family tree. Hannah Dustin's sister Elizabeth Emerson was also somewhat famous in her time, hanged for murdering her twin babies, and questioned for her trial by the Reverend Cotton Mather. Melanie

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 11:09 AM

Lucretia Borgia (yikes!) and the d'Este/Medici clans of Italy. Distant relative of James Dean. I'd have to dig out some old PoserWorld stuff to approximate the Italians, but it could be fun. Not especially interested in James Dean imagery. Way too clich. Nifty idea, SamTherapy, I like it. My mom's a geneology nut, she'd probably approve, too.

Cyhiraeth ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 12:03 PM

Geez, you guys all have famous relatives! Mine were all regular people, farmers, etc. Although I have some relatives who founded the town of Rowley, Massachusetts. The rest were German or English immigrants who mostly came to America in the early 18th century or late 17th century. Not famous, but have been here since the beginning and fought in the American Revolution (Go Patriots!)

Kristta ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:12 PM

I've got two. I'm a distant cousin of Burt Parks (I think he used to host the Miss America Pageant or something like that). The other is John Wilkes Booth (killed Abe Lincoln). Of course, being from the south, we all claim a connection to Jefferson Davis. Kristta

mondoxjake ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 2:09 PM

Descendent of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.

artnik ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 4:51 PM · edited Sun, 27 June 2004 at 4:53 PM

According to Sharen of Sam's 3D, when I noticed her last name, that is, Mike's, was Custer - I asked about it, because I thought Mike might be related to some other Custer's I knew. Mike wasn't related to them, but Sharen said Mike's multi great(3?)-grandfather was THE General Custer of "Last Stand" fame. Not my ancestor, but how's that for famous?

As far as I know, I hsaven't one famous ancestor.

Message edited on: 06/27/2004 16:53

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 6:54 PM

Back in my late Aunts side there was a few Tories that had to split for Canada during the revolution then later when things got too 'interesting' for them in the Arcaida region they headed south and became what are know known as Cajuns (misspelled?) also possible ancestor was a signer of the decloration of independence (same family name)but haven't done enough digging to prove it. And my great grandfather turned down an opportunity to work with 'some crackpot down on Bagely Ave. tinkering with a horseless carriage'

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 12:00 PM

Descended from Edward Longshanks, related to the Everly Brothers, Senator Borah from Idaho (responsible for getting prohibition passed), Senator Taylor from Idaho, and Governor Elect Taylor of Kentucky who was accused and later acquited of the only assassination of a Governor in U.S. history (the incumbant Governor refused to give up his office). I'm not sure what kind of picture I can come up with from that. Most of my ancestors were farmers or tradesmen. Of course, being from Kentucky, we all claim a possible Cherokee relative. I'm descended from a Davis family in Kentucky (one of several lines) but NOT from Jefferson.

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 12:24 PM

My mother's side of the family is descended on the wrong side of the blankets from Vita Sackville-West, the famous lesbian and gardener of Edwardian times. I don't even wanna think about the image that conjures up... "My, Susannah, what a fine pair of melons! May I have a feel?"

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

rasputina ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 11:02 PM · edited Mon, 28 June 2004 at 11:09 PM

my neice has been in some movies and for a while was a presenter on a kid's show...can't think of anyone slightly famous otherwise.

Message edited on: 06/28/2004 23:09

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.