Sat, Sep 21, 2:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: searching the carrara content cd and i...

epsilon ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 2:36 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:45 PM

file_135582.jpg

i was searchingt through the carrara content cd and i came across Fred Beltran art works were these made in carrara and if so how was it done any ideas? epsilon

epsilon ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 2:45 AM

file_135584.jpg

this another of his art works were thes made using carrara epsilon class of 00

epsilon ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 2:57 AM

Artwork listing and credits / Fred Beltran These images come from a 100% digital comic book named Megalex, created by Fred Beltran and made in association with the well-known writer Alexandro Jodorowski and published by Les Humanoides Associes. which program were they made in.. epsilon class of 00

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 4:47 AM

Carrara Maybe?

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2000 at 9:23 AM

I owuld assume Carrara also. Clint Hawkin-Z GraF-X Carrara, Ray Dream, Poser Figures and 3D Add-Ons. Blinksm.gifCreepyHandPromoAnim.gif

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ewinemiller ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 8:46 AM

I had assumed Carrara also, but I don't think so now. I recently saw some of this artwork being used in an advertisement for another 3D product. I can't remember what product it was, but it was what would be considered a competitor to Carrara. Of course the other advertisement never said how much was done in it either. Could have modeled just the guys helmet. I also got an email from someone who had asked MC about it. MC told this fellow that it was done in Carrara using Toon! to do the outlines. As much as I'd like to be able to point to this excellent work and say "see, Toon!", I knew that was probably bull because of the way they timed the SDK and beta releases. There was never a version of Toon! that worked with any of the public betas. Toon! didn't work for any Carrara release outside of MC until about a month after Carrara's release. On the other hand it may have been one of those things where it was originally done in Ray Dream and they just included because of the heritage, much like the Carrara gargoyle. Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

litst ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 11:01 AM

I was wondering too how Fred Beltran made those images, and still now i can't figure how he did . So, i will e-mail him to see if he wants to come here to explain us his techniques ( his e-mail is on the credits file in the art gallery of the contents CD ) . Only him can answer us, right ? And i will try to find his comic-book =)

epsilon ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 8:38 PM

thnaks guys, those pics are realy good so i thought i would investigate epsilon

dethblud ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 12:15 PM

My memory may be failing me, but I seem to remember seeing a tutorial on how the Carrara gargoyle's face was done, and all the screen shots and stuff were done in Carrara. Was it actually done in RDS?

ewinemiller ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 1:31 PM

From what I understand, it was originally modeled in RDS. When Carrara came alone the lady(can't remember her name now, but I think she was in MC quality assurance) who did it brought it into Carrara and built the tutorial for the marketing folks. Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.