Sun, Sep 22, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Is there any way to......

Shiollie ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2004 at 11:36 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:47 AM

Go into Vue to be able to set the file formats that it will accept? I would love to be able to import some of the Daz characters, can it be done? Thanks so much in advance. Oops, had to edit this a bit... I am talking about the .daz format.

Message edited on: 06/29/2004 11:37

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2004 at 12:21 PM

Vue will not import .daz as of yet.

Shiollie ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2004 at 2:22 PM

I really didnt think so.... but I had to ask anyway. Thanks DLK.

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2004 at 4:32 PM

try the daz studio bryce exporter, someone posted in another recent thread here that it does work, unless i missunderstood him completely :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2004 at 4:47 PM

Shiollie....if you don't have Poser...why not just import the .OBJ file & skip Daz studio altogether...I know it would be a pain apply all the textures...but still an option :)

Shiollie ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2004 at 7:06 AM

Thanks DLK, I was not aware that I could do that ( doesnt that just scream newbie at you?)Not sure how to apply textures but I will learn. But in the meantime... War, could you direct me to the thread that you were talking about?? Thanks again.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2004 at 9:31 AM · edited Wed, 30 June 2004 at 9:31 AM

My apologies in advance to those who already read this in a previous thread. I'll try to be more clear this time.

If you have a .daz file that you want to import into Vue4, you can use the Bryce import tool even if you don't have Bryce or Poser to export your .daz file as a "smart" .obj file. The plugin will make copies of all texture maps and create a .mtl file that tells Vue where the maps and transparencies go. Those files will go in the same directory that you save your new .obj to. I'll experiment with this again soon so that I can report on the limitations a little more thoroughly. When I did it before, everything in a complex scene worked fine, except for the human figures' eyeballs, which were very easy to correct in Vue.

At present, this is the only way to get a D|S scene into Vue. I'm pretty sure that without the Bryce plugin, Studio will not export to .obj file format.

I'd like to believe that by the time DAZ Studio is stable, DAZ and e-on will have worked something out so that you can import .daz files directly to Vue. That may be many months down the line, though. Studio is promising but has a long way to go.

Message edited on: 06/30/2004 09:31

kenmo ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2004 at 10:56 AM

Where can I get the Bryce import tool ???? TIA

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2004 at 11:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

It's called Turbo Importer...

Shiollie ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2004 at 11:46 AM

A huge THANK YOU to xoconostle for the importer tip! Got it, used it ,loved it!!!! Whooo Hoooo!!! Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.