Fri, Jul 12, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 1:35 pm)

Subject: PoserWorld.com gets huge makeover

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 9:43 AM · edited Sun, 15 October 2023 at 8:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.PoserWorld.com/

FYI www.PoserWorld.com has been updated completely, an entirely new layout look and features.

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 11:45 AM · edited Sat, 03 July 2004 at 11:45 AM

We could use some feedback on the new site versus the old PoserWorld.com website. Thanks!

Message edited on: 07/03/2004 11:45

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 11:53 AM

Looking good. Now if only I can get the bucks to subscribe ...darn Poser's got me broke! But at least I'm having fun ;-)

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 11:54 AM

;-) I here you it is a wonderful addiction to have though!

Fredy ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 12:01 PM

Al, I wrote you an IM - please check it...

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 12:39 PM

WOW! What a change! Great work guys!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 12:58 PM

thanks!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 2:00 PM

Great, but I keep getting this when I go to the updates: Server Error in '/' Application. Looks good though. Sharen

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 3:24 PM

site looks fantastic...very professional... I can go to updates page with no problem.. Are you going to update the subscription site too?

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 3:53 PM

Thanks :o)..........looking into it Sharen, thanks, Maybe Dizzie, there are a few issues need resolved before we can use it for the subs area but we are looking into it and working on a revamp anyway, there is just such a lot to move and redo LOL............Steve

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 3:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserworld.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=2&tabid=8

Sams3d, mkae sure you are going to www.poserworld.com better yet go to http://www.poserworld.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=2&tabid=8 (put in both lines and tell me what happens, if you would in the forum on poserworld, need to know what browser and version and operating system. We want all ther bugs nipped soon as possible.

vlad69 ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:07 PM

What they have done to the site is great, now the main page is fast and easy, so they have done the right thing. When you have a website you must take care of the designe because sometimes we forget that not all people have the same kind of conection.

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:15 PM

Yup i agree vlad, we also use page compression on the website so that also speeds up page loads (an 80k page gets compressed to around 8k) and then it exapnds on the other end, of course large images are affected much by compression, so we decided to lighten up the pages a bit to also help speed the site up. we appreciate everyone's feedback. It helps us make thigs better for the visitors and friends of course ;-)

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:46 PM

Looks really good to me. What happened with your "win a subscription" contest, BTW? I think this is one of the best buys available and intend to subscribe soon as I can get some of the #Q@$ around here to pay me for the work I've done this year.

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:55 PM

;-) THe content is over. I may repost the winnerlist onthe site this weekend, so many detials so little time (LOL)

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 8:37 PM

The more feedback we get the more we know what people would like changed in the site to make it easier to use :) You should all be thankful that I'm not doing it lol I'm not the worst web maker out there, but lets just say its better when I stick to making textures :) got some good stuff coming up for you v3 owners .. but I shouldn't say anything more here. wink Lyrra

KyReb ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 1:53 AM

Speaking of the Contest I was a one month winner. At least I think I was. My name was listed as a winner and the announcement said I would be contacted in the next couple of days. That was about ten days ago. Sent an email. Heard nothing. Almost forgot I won a month.

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 4:52 AM

Hi KyReb, IM me your real name and I will look into it. We emailed everyone that had won something.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 6:32 PM

I see the new layout on the main page (looks nice, btw), but the membership page looks exactly the same as it always has. Melanie

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 6:40 PM

membership page? You mean the subscription area? If so it is still the same for the time being. We may change the top soon, but to change the entire subscription site to the new layout will take several months to do, so we are kind of deciding how best to approach the project. We spent over 200 man hours just redoing the free site, so it may be a little while befor ethe sub area gets a facelift. I will be implementing a better search feature on the subscription site soon and redoing the navigation menu a bit and the to and bottom to make it easier to get around.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 11:08 PM

Attached Link: Subscription Content Updates

The site is still not working properly. Click on Subscription Previews, and you get error messages.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 1:36 AM

Dunno if the current subscription site uses it, but ... CSS... Great way to change layout on many pages at once. I really like the new frontpage. But now the subscription site needs a makeover more than ever. The contents are the GREATEST (and I just bought my third year there) but.. the pages are ugly L

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 4:34 AM

Hi Bobbie, I can see the link just fine. Can you tell me what browser and operating system you are using? Allen

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 4:35 AM

Yes we use css and .net framework technology, the site is all SQL database driven

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 2:47 PM · edited Mon, 05 July 2004 at 2:50 PM

file_115015.jpg

Believe me, there is nothing wrong with my computer. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition, and both Internet Explorer 6, and Mozilla 1.6. Same result on both browsers. I have no problems with any other web site. Here is a screen shot if you can read it. And here is the error I get, in brief:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

By the way, at least one other person mentioned a problem as well.

Message edited on: 07/05/2004 14:50

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 3:17 PM · edited Mon, 05 July 2004 at 3:22 PM

Ron (boby boucher),
I am using the same as you and i have no problem here, can you go in from the front page and see the albums? they are all auto-generated when you click which means they ar eall the same code, excatly the same code withthe exception of the pictures url's. I tested the album extensively in IE6, mozilla and firefox (windows) and in Mac Safari and Mac IE (latest versions). I don't know what else to tell you ROn, but I will look into this for certain. Allen

Message edited on: 07/05/2004 15:22

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 3:35 PM

Ron (BObby BOucher), Give it another try, I think it was because a session cookie wasn't being set on your machine, a session cookie is often used to set a websites variables while you are their and then is discard. Anyway I added a no cookie session state and see if it allows you to see the pages now. You may need to close your broswer to clear the previous session and then try again. Earlier the session variables wern't being referenced in the session cokkie on your machine, now that we have a session that require no cookie (session is stored in the servers memory) it should work.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:50 PM · edited Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:56 PM

Again, I am not the only one to have this problem. Here is the entire quote from the Error Message:

" Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off"."
My contention is that any web site should work, with no problem, on anyone's computer, if that computer is reasonably up-to-date. Here, all I do is load the main page, click on the Previews Updates Link, and try clicking on any of the links on that page. No Luck. Bobbie

Message edited on: 07/05/2004 20:56

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:40 PM

I don't know what else to tell you, all references to the message you received the first relates to cookie blockage, and not a server error, if it were a server error EVERYONE would have the same problem, not just one or two people. So again if you have a problem, you need to take a look at your browser settings (i use the same browser and OS that you are using and i have no problems). Being that it seems to be an isolated issue then we must look on the browsers PC for the problem, not the site or server.

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 12:16 AM

AlbertoFly, FWIW I checked over the site with NS 4.77, Internet Exploder 6, Mozilla 1.6, & Opera 7.51 (I'm shopping for a new browser :-) & didn't have any error messages despite my best efforts to duplicate the problem Bobbie_Boucher/ronknights/PeterWahoo/ragmanjones/poserfool/ etc etc was having BTW, nice job on the remodelling :-)

AlbertoFly ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 3:40 AM

Thnaks cooler, i looed all day for the object reference not set to an object error and it always points to a cookie being blocked and the session failing. It is kind of frustrating when you can duplicate the problem. I even watched the trace on the back end trying to see errors but never did. So I guess it will just have to be. Allen

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 10:31 AM · edited Tue, 06 July 2004 at 10:33 AM

We are speaking of problems dealing with a newly created web site format. This is not an excuse to slight someone by speculating about aliases/names. Such actions only serve to diminish PWFW's reputation. If you look above, you will notice that SAMS3D had already experienced the same error.

Again, I will state I can go to any other site on the web and experience absolutely no problems. One would assume other sites use cookies as well. Again, I shall attempt positive input. Perhaps the key to the problem is in this part of the error message:

"Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off"." I experienced this error when trying to look at the Previews-Updates section.

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 10:33

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.